Chapter 53 : Lia's Close Friend

Two days after the tea party, Lady Kaira received a letter of invitation from the Rose Palace.

'It seems that her highness still wants to talk to me after what I did...' she quietly thought to herself as she enters the waiting carriage. Lianne has already sent a carriage to wait for her outside their manor.

Despite what happened at the Tea party of the Crown Princess, Kaira has been a close friend of Lianne since their time at the academy. Though many had believed their friendship has gone stale the moment rumors about Lady Kaira's affection for the Crown Prince spread.

It did not help that Kaira was sent to the Kingdom of Crearis a day after the rumors has spread. The rumors soon died down right after the crimes of Errissa were exposed.

"Greetings to her highness, Crown Princess Lianne," she greeted her as she gracefully curtsies upon entering the room.

"I hope I didn't disturb your busy schedule, Lady Kaira," Lianne greeted her with a smile on her lips.

"Not at all, your highness," Kaira simply answers as she observes Lianne.

Looking up, the tired eyes of Lianne met hers. Kaira purse her lips as she fixed her posture.

'It seems to me that, Lia has been quite busy these past days,' Kaira thought to herself.

"I have heard you are preparing for your visit to the Kingdom of Crearis. But before that come, have a seat," Lianne spoke as she motioned for Kaira to come closer.

Kaira wordlessly sat down on the opposite chair from Lianne as a maid serve her a cup of tea.

"That is right, your highness. I still have some personal business left to finish at the Crearis Kingdom that I need to attend to," Kaira spoke after taking a sip of her tea.

"I see... I am assuming it has something to do about the rumors going around?"

Kaira paused for a moment, glancing briefly at the ladies waiting for Lianne before shifting her attention back to her.

"That is right, your highness."

"..."

"..."

A moment of silence has passed between them that made the ladies in waiting, uncomfortable.

"Please leave us for a moment," Lianne is the one who shattered the silence as she orders her ladies in waiting to vacate the room.

Though a bit hesitant, the three ladies in waiting politely excuse themselves... leaving the two behind. Even the maids have also left the room, closing the door gently.

The three ladies in waiting are from lower noble houses that were carefully chosen by the Queen to assist Lianne.

"Kaira, can we drop the formalities now?" Lianne spoke once the door closes.

Kaira let out a sigh of relief as she relaxes her tense shoulders. A faint smile formed on her lips as she gazes at Lianne tenderly.

"It's been a long time since we last talked like this, Lia," she spoke softly as Lianne did the same.

"Indeed it has been long, that is why I am puzzled with how you acted back then, Kaira."

"Oh? Are you talking about what happened at the tea party?" Kaira ask with an amused smile.

A pout made its way to Lianne's lips as she stares at her friend.

The moment the news reached her, that her friend is back in the Kingdom. She quickly arranged a tea party to spend time with her, along with their friends. But she wasn't expecting the Tea party to turn sour.