Chapter 87 : Shadows Of The Past

"Why do you look like that...?" Alaric ask confuse the moment he saw my swollen eyes.

Ugh... If I had known I would be crying all night long with Auntie. I would not decide to leave this early. I should have picked tomorrow for our departure. I ended up sleeping while hugging Auntie last night.

That is the first time in a while that I hugged someone while sleeping... and it is kind of comfortable for some reason.

"You don't have to worry. I just had a rather heart-to-heart talk with Auntie last night. We have grown closer ever since I started living here," I answer with a smile as we continue walking toward our awaiting carriage.

Aiden has already teleported back to the capital as he is temporarily assigned to watch over the Cardinal much to his protest.

"I see. Then, do you want to talk to her first? We still have some time before we leave."

Before I can answer, a woman walking in the corner of my eye caught my attention. I twist my head slightly to identify who was it only to feel a shiver crawl down my spine.

T-that face! Wh-why is that face here???

"Errissa? Are you alright?" I heard Alaric ask me the moment I froze in my spot.

I took a deep breath to soothe my hammering heart as I followed where the woman went off to.

I forced myself to form a smile as I shifted my attention to Alaric.

"Actually... My stomach suddenly feels a bit queasy. Do you mind if I leave first?"

"O-oh? Sure. I will wait for you outside. Do tell me if you are still feeling unwell later and we can just leave after lunch."

"Yes, thank you. Then I will see you later, your highness."

I did not wait for Alaric to answer as I rush put to follow the woman.

I cannot be mistaken! The face that woman possesses, is the face I used during my time as Orianna!

But how?? How is that face here? Have I overlooked something? Have I somewhat forgotten someone like her actually exists?!

I turn to the corridor she disappeared into and found her inside the prayer room, kneeling in front of the statue of the Deity.

Taking a deep breath, I silently sat down on one of the seats as I observe her.

From the way, her long brunette hair cascaded behind her back and her deep blue eyes stared earnestly at the statue. Everything... Everything just looks exactly like Orianna.

That name... that face... why are you crawling back to me like this?! What more do you want?! I...

"Are you alright?" I flinch in surprise the moment a voice flicks me out of the memories haunting my mind.

I did not even notice I was already staring at the floor with tears flowing from my eyes.

I hastily wiped away my tears with my handkerchief before taking a deep breath.

"I-I'm fine. I apologize if I ever disturb your prayer...?" I almost forgot how to breathe the moment I look up and that deep blue eyes stare right at me.

Those eyes..! Every little detail in her face..! Everything looks exactly the way Orianna has lived!

Just what is her connection with Silver?!

"It's fine. But are you sure you are alright? Your face is so pale you look like you just saw a ghost."

I did. It's you. You are the ghost of my past. A past I tried so hard to forget. The worst time of my life I have ever lived. Much worse than being eaten alive by a monster. And trust me, the feeling of the razor-sharp teeth of those monsters gnawing your flesh and tearing your limbs is a very... Traumatic experience.