Chapter 75 : On The Move

"Ilia, it is time to go. I have a bad feeling about this," Sara commented as she ties her hair up. She is wearing black clothing almost identical to what Ilia is wearing. They have long prepared in case something went awry with Errissa's visit to the basement.

She and Ilia have been waiting quietly in their room. It was only a few minutes after they received a knock on the door revealing the Saintess. Ilia quickly has hide in the shadows as the Saintess quietly gave Sara a piece of paper before leaving.

They already received instruction from Errissa on what to do if ever she did not come back with the Saintess. They were to follow whatever is written on the paper to find a secret door that will steer them to the basement.

Although either one of them is to wait for a response from the crown prince first, before trying to follow her to the basement.

Ilia was about to answer when she heard a rustling outside the window, though they are currently on the second floor of the building.

'The only ones who will dare to enter through the window like this are someone dangerous,' Ilia thought to herself as she touches the handle of her knife.

"Hold on... Someone is approaching," Ilia quietly whisper as she hid in the shadows once more just as someone quietly knock on the windows.

It was a good thing that they have not lit any light inside the bedroom.

Sara carefully opens the glass window as a hooded person entered the room. She was about to punch the person when the man's scent hit her nose.

'Ah... the scent of death lingers on this man. Then, it would mean SHE sent him here,' she quietly thought to herself.

The scent of death is one thing she will never forget, no matter how much time passed. It's something that has been carved in her memories since the day she first met Rosaline.

"Rupert, is that you?" Sara asks in a low voice as the said person removes his hood.

The familiar face of the man, made her recall the first time she met all the members of the guild, the Black Blossom Guild. A guild that was founded by Lael and Errissa. Although the name of its leader that was circulating around wasn't Errissa's, it was Lael. There was no hint of Errissa's involvement with the said guild as per her order.

She barely remembers all the members of the guild that was chosen to be part of their plan, but that doesn't mean she doesn't recall the first letter of their name. Yes, only the first letter... the rest? She can just come up with something close to their name.

The man pinches the bridge of his nose before letting out an exasperated sigh. All the ones he has met until now, even the mages of the Tower, did not remember his name properly. And he doesn't grasp why.

"Can anyone even recall my name? It's Rowell!" he exclaims before grabbing the letter he was hiding under his sleeves.

"Oh right, here. The boss lady gave this to me... where is the mistress?" he asks as he glances around the room only to notice a knife pointing at his throat.

"W-what is this?!" he exclaims in surprise the moment Ilia appeared right beside him. The room was dark for him to perceive anything but Sara.

"So, do I need to end this man or what?" she asks in a bored tone as she pushes her knife closer to his throat.

"What do you mean end me?? Who even are you?!" he asks in surprise as he tries putting some distance between him and the sharp knife.

"There is no need, Ilia. That man is harmless," Sara answered as she tears the envelope open.