Chapter 81 : ...Me

AH! What if... I could share some of my memories with her? That could work! I have achieved all I can do for her, physically and emotionally. I have wrecked and ruined her in every possible way but not mentally! How would he react if she found out that this was not our first life? And certainly not the last?

"Sister, why don't I heal your cheek? Look how red it is! I cannot believe I can slap your precious cheek like that!" I say as I outstretch my right hand to caress the cheek where I have slapped her.

She flinches a bit the moment my hand touches her skin but she relaxes on my touch just as easily... too naive.

Despite not being able to exploit my full potential, considering that my dearest mother has locked up my mana core and I can only use it within the limit she has given. Thanks to Rosaline's connection with me, I can use part of her power at any given time. So long as I continue to absorb any of her uncontrolled emotions, or else her power will go unstable.

"It's alright, I can heal it on my own," she spoke in a quiet tone.

But I did not listen to her answer as I have already focused my attention on making my mana, a bit of mix between my light and Rosaline's power, flow through her veins.

An electric shock made both of us jump away from one another as Lianne began screaming in pain while clutching her throbbing head.

"Finally..." I mumbled as I watched her writhe in pain while twirling the rose in between my fingers

After a moment or so, she finally calm down as she took a deep breath to compose her ragged breathing. By now, she is kneeling on the grass patch while still clutching her head.

"W-what! What was that?!" she screams the moment she managed to compose herself.

Oh, come on! It took her this long to get ahold of herself!

"That is what you called traumatic memories my dear sister! How is it? Knowing that this is not the first life you have lived? or the last life that you will--' but my words were cut off the moment her arms wrap around me as what seemed like tears dampened my collar.

How rude! I was still in the middle of--.

"I'm sorry..." she barely whispers through her hiccups as she pulls me closer to her.

What...? What is she doing?

*Bathump! Bathump!*

I can feel her heart beating wildly in her chest as she continues to sob her heart out.

*Bathump! Bathump!*

"I--hic-- I'm sorry! I should... I should have--hic! My dear sister! I'm glad to see you again! Alive! I'm so happy! I'm so--hic!" she sobbed as she continues clinging to me.

What is this...? What kind of reaction is this?! She was supposed to be angry! Mad at that! With everything, I've done to her! And yet! Yet... why is she like this?

*thump!*

My heart suddenly felt heavy... why am I feeling like this? Why is my sight suddenly blurring? Why?... Why?!

I pry her arms away from me as I push her away making her fall on her butt. I blink away the tears that are starting to fill my eyes as I glare at her. But before I can ridicule her for what she has done... something above her caught my eye.