Chapter 52 : Tea Party

"Have you all heard about the Trial?" a man in his forties asks as he places two mugs of beers on their table.

"Ah, about that Villainess?" his friend answered as he took a sip of the cold beer.

"That is right! I heard she was released already," another man joined their table and soon everyone was crowding the table and voicing their opinion.

"Did you know---."

"I heard---."

"How could she? She is just---."

The once cheerful tavern is now full of whispers and murmurs of the citizens voicing out their inner opinion about the Trial that has happened. They do not understand why the Villainess was released without receiving proper punishment.

Doubts began spreading inside them as someone observe them with a smile on their lips. No one knew why they were starting to doubt the decision of the Trial when even their beloved Saintess approved of her release.

"Finally... the time has come," she mutters under her breath, the excitement clearly showing in her clear lavender eyes.

Her mana has gradually made its way inside the people's hearts, planting a dark seed within them. Once that seed blooms, it will be the day when she will finally turn everything back to how it was. A kingdom surrounded by darkness where she rules them all.

'The Promise will soon be fulfilled... I hope you are ready when the time comes, Errissa.'

--

The garden of the Rose Palace is buzzing with laughter and gossip as the ladies of prominent households were invited by the Crown Princess for a tea party. High-quality sweets and tea are placed down on the table for everyone to enjoy. Yet, their eyes restrain an eager curiosity towards the Trial that has happened recently and not the sweets that have been carefully prepared.

The place was decorated with fire mana stone to keep them warm, and a special tent was set to keep the snow from falling onto them.

But of course, no one can easily bring the topic since the incident is related directly to the Crown Princess. They do not want to upset her mood, thus they continue to keep their mouth shut.

However, if someone can be on par with the social standing of Lianne... that is the Red Flower of the high society, Kaira Rancor. The first daughter of Countess Rancor, who of course inherits her mother's beauty. However, her beauty can be described as a temptation that cannot be touched.

With her tanned skin, her long dark blue hair, her almond-shaped dark blue eyes, and her crimson lips that can catch anyone's attention. If something separates her features from her mother is that she has a small mole near her lips.

She received the title 'Red Flower' which was often translated by men as the 'Flower of Temptation' during her first debut in high society. There were even talks of her engagement with a high-ranking noble from the Kingdom of Crearis. Upon hearing the news of her engagement, it made the men interested in her burn in jealousy. Despite that, they continue to serenade her to try to change her mind.

"Your highness, if I may?" she spoke making everyone's attentions turn to her.

There are at least eight ladies in the tea party including Crown Princess Lianne. Lady Kaira is sitting on the opposite side of Lianne, beside her two close friends, Lady Nisha of house Garver and Lady Calise of house Agnor. While on the other hand, the remaining ladies are all close with Lianne. Lady Arin of house Silvercolt, Lady Haynie of house Molin, Lady Lizzie of house Muiller, and Lady Grace of house Caddel.