Chapter 70 : < ̶I̶ ̶A̶m̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶k̶e̶>

A hand grips him by the shoulder jolting him awake.

"Aiden!"

He opens his eyes with a gasp as he can feel his body covered with sweat. He looks up to see who woke him up and saw him.

It was Silver.

Rage suddenly filled his veins as he recalls what happened back in the cell. Glaring at the man that is looking at him with worry, he grabs Silver's collar and punched him in the face.

"It was you! It's all your fault!" he screamed as he continues punching him.

"H-hey! What are you doing?! Stop it!" Silver tried to stop Aiden from assaulting him as he seized hold of his arms.

But the only thing Aiden can see is the scene from his dream.

"Snap out of it! Aiden!" Silver scream as he desperately struggles to restrain Aiden from punching him.

"I will never allow you to be by her side ever again!" Aiden yells in response before kicking him onto his knees.

Silver momentarily let go of him before he felt unable to move. He looks down only to see a magic circle holding him in place.

"Just what in the world is going on with you?! Are you still dreaming??" he tries to get Aiden's attention.

"Dreaming...?" Aiden muttered as he glances around.

The once blurry room he was in, is now slowly getting clearer before he shifts his attention back to Silver.

*Bathump! Bathump!*

'Just now... what was I doing?' He asks himself as he took a deep breath to calm his racing heart.

He felt like he was trying to achieve something earlier. Yet, everything feels like a dream.

'Am I still dreaming?'

He can't help but question the reality he is now. Everything... everything feels hazy for some reason. And everywhere he looks... he can see some sort of fog hanging around.

"H-hey! Are you alright now?" Silver calls out to him as he is still standing from where he is trapped by Aiden's magic.

Aiden blinks once before blinking again, trying to see whether the Silver in front of him is real or just a figment of his imagination.

"Yes? Yes, I think. Oh, and I'm sorry about that," he muttered as he waves his hand before the magic circle under Silver disappears.

"Just what in the world was that just now?? What were you dreaming for you to act out like that?? Is... is it about your past again?" Silver hesitates to ask.

This was not the first time he has witnessed Aiden act out of control after waking up from a deep sleep. Back when they were camping out during the hunting season. Aiden was part of his team that is clearing out the Wandallyn forest.

He has heard from the Crown Prince before that Aiden has an odd childhood that sometimes haunts him in his dream.

Aiden flinched in surprise from hearing his words before his head start throbbing.

"I don't know. I don't remember anymore," he simply answers before slumping down the couch he was laying on earlier.

He doesn't comprehend what happened to him, or what was the dream he was dreaming of earlier. Glancing up, he can still see it. A white fog seems to surround the area they are in and even hung above Silver's head.