Chapter 99 : This is just the beginning...

"Your majesty! I beg you please calm down!"

Screams can now be heard all over the King's palace as the King kept on lashing at anyone. His aura has completely changed as dark flowers seem to sprout all over him. Though oddly enough... no one can see the flower aside from the King himself, who is screaming in pain as he continues to try and kill everyone in the room. Killing them is the only way for him to be released from the pain the flower is producing.

Blood has been sprayed all over the room as two bodies of maids have been laid on the floor lifeless. They do not understand what has happened, all they know is the King suddenly rages on the maid that was cleaning the room and killed them on the spot. Though he is well known for killing all the toys that he wants to get rid of, he never once killed any maids that are working in the palace. Nor did he try to touch them in any way. The only reason why the maids can work with ease inside the main palace is that the King never once touches any of them since he considers them as his workers... no matter how pretty the maid can be.

That is why it took them by surprise when he killed the two maids with such ease.

Right now, the King is being held down by his knights as someone has run out to fetch the Crown Prince. They have already sent away any innocent bystanders that might be dragged into the mess.

"What is happening??" the voice of Alaric echoes as soon as he saw the mess.

The meeting he was attending came to a halt when a knight came bursting into the meeting room and called his help with a desperate voice. He thought an assassin might have been sent to his father's quarters but clearly, that is not the case. Seeing his father being held down by the knights is something he wasn't expecting to see.

But seeing the bloody mess all around the room is making him understand the current situation. Though it is not foreign for him to hear the news of his father killing another of his concubines. It is a new sight for him to see the bodies of the maids that have been slaughtered by his father.

'It looks like the plan will progress much faster than I expected. Not that it is not good news... this situation is actually going to help me more than I expected,' Alaric thought to himself as he signal his aide who followed behind him.

His aide nods his head before running back to inform the Countess of the situation.

"Alaric!!! Help your dear Father!!!" the King screams desperately as he tries to escape from the knight's clutches.

The King is feeling frustrated, annoyed, and embarrassed by the way he is being treated by his knights. When all he wanted to do is to ease his pain by killing all his useless servants. Yet he doesn't understand why they are stopping him from doing that. Isn't he, their King? So why are they stopping him?

But upon glancing to see the expression of his son, his face paled the moment his eyes meet the cold gaze of Alaric.

"You Bastard! How dare you look at me like that! I am your father and the King of this kingdom!! I order you to stop this fools!" he yells in anger as he continues to try and escape the knights' grasp.

"Your Highness! I beg you! Please stop his majesty!" His aide Wiley begs Alaric as he clutches his wounded arm.

He tried to shield one of the maids that were going to be stabbed by the King and ended up getting slashed in his right arm. The maid is his sister's daughter which is why he tried to protect her.

Alaric continues to stare at his father as he steps forward to where he is laying on the floor. He knelt on the floor near his father and move his head near his father's ear.

"Not anymore... father. You are no longer the King of this kingdom... I am."

.

.

.

Meanwhile...

While they are busy with the commotion going on inside the main palace... something alarming is happening inside the Temple.

One by one, all those serving inside the Temple have lifelessly fallen down inside the Temple's ground... earning loud screams from the nobles visiting the Temple.

"So it has begun..." Haviona mumbles to herself as she watches everyone scream in a panic trying to help those who have fallen down before darkness consumed them too. All the nobles that are currently visiting the Temple are no exception from the poison that is spreading.

The moment the noble lady Rosaline came to see her three nights ago, claiming to be Errissa's friend. She knew that something big will happen, especially when Errissa ask her to mix such poison to the Temple's water system.

'Poisoning the Temple... where did she even get that idea?'

"Havi...? What is happening?" her sister's voice made her flinch in surprise as she let out a tired sigh before shifting her attention to her.

Her sister has been able to move around the upper levels and more private parts of the Temple. She also ensures that no one will utter a single word about her.

"Something that your dear daughter has planned... Honestly, this is something I did not even think of. Now dear sister... it's time for you to experience the same pain we went through," after saying those words Haviona pushes her sister inside a large dark flower that seems to appear behind the Duchess.

Rosaline has also told her that she will send a large plant to grab the Duchess for their plan. And indeed, a large dark flower appeared right behind the Duchess. Before the Duchess can even utter a word, the large plant swallowed her whole before disappearing.

"Ah! Now that is so satisfying to do! If only I can do that a couple more times but this time I want to push her off the edge of the roof!"

A smile made its way on her lips as she shift her attention to the now cold tea place about the table. The tea was made earlier before the poison consume everyone inside the Temple. Now she is the only one left behind...

Rosaline gave her a choice to make, whether she will willingly consume poison or she will join them with their plan.

Though she is tempted to just join them in whatever havoc they plan to create within the kingdom... she chooses the more painless death. After all, she no longer fears death from all the experiences she experienced when she was just a kid.

"Errissa... despite you not growing up under my care, it seems that you still managed to get my talent for creating poisons and antidotes. Ha! This is truly..." she mumbles as she picks up the cup of poisoned tea.

"Indeed, if there is another life after this one... I wish to have a daughter like you. No... It will be more accurate to wish to be your mother in that life. Who knows? Maybe this wish of mine will somehow come true," with one last look inside her office, she took a gulp of the tea before she can see dark spots appearing in the corner of her eyes.

With a loud thud, the Temple that was buzzing with activity that morning is now... a quiet resting peace for the poor souls.