Chapter 110: "With courage, go off to even furthur places"

After a period of silence, Xu Qingqing wiped away her tears and reached out a hand first. With confidence and assurance, she yelled, "Fight on!"

One after another, the people around her stacked their hands on top of hers.

Palms against the backs of hands.

Wan Da said, "That's my Qing-ge! Tough!"

Liu Cunhao said, "Fight, fight, fight!"

He Zhao sat up and reached out to join in the fun. "Fight on."

Xie Yu was the last. He didn't say anything as he put his hand on the back of He Zhao's.

His fingers were slender and long, with prominent joints.

He Zhao couldn't help staring at them for a while, then he looked up at Xie Yu.

The two locked eyes for several seconds. For a moment they both imagined they saw themselves from Year 1, when they had just joined this school. At the time, He Zhao always had a cigarette in hand, his reputation disorderly and his expression full of disdain. He had caused a lot of trouble.

And Xie Yu, as the Big Bro of the West—even fewer people dared provoke him.

Who would have known that so many things would happen after that?

It was pure coincidence that he had joined Erzhong and he had had no hopes... but, in Old Tang's words, there were 'endless possibilities.' Like a miracle, a possibility had linked them together.

There would still be, in the future.

There would still be even more miracles.

Who knew which of them started smiling first. Then Xie Yu looked away. He couldn't help the corner of his mouth lifting in a smile, too.

Liu Cunhao and the others had started learning from He Zhao and began to brag. "I... my future is limitless."

"I... will definitely become someone who does great things. When that time comes, I'll give you each an autograph, too. When I make a name for myself, then—"

"Sign it bigger. An A4 piece of paper is too small and you can't express yourself properly."

"......"

After they bragged for a long time, the noise level died down again.

One after the other, everybody lay down on the track. They lay down in several groups, bodies facing all directions. They spread their arms out to the wind blowing over them and shut their eyes.

They had intended to shut their eyes to relax, but, after a short while, many of them had fallen asleep. Luo Wenqiang had even started snoring.

The snores were accompanied by the faint sound of insects chirping.

Xie Yu half-opened his eyes again and glanced at the night sky.

In his mind, there weren't any other thoughts... he just thought it was very bright.

After taking a walk and having a heart-to-heart talk with a middle-aged man, the atmosphere of Class 3 had relaxed some.

Facing half a summer vacation's worth of intensive studying, each of them adopted a very proper attitude. They got used to their status as 'Year 3 exam takers' and rushed to complete the first round of revision before the vacation ended.

Conversely, on the day school formally started again, they didn't feel a sense of novelty for the 'new school term.'

A big batch of new Year 1 students had joined the school. The school broadcast welcomed them for a long time. The new students were confused, and just having joined the school, they were curious about everything.