Chapter 100: Quick-Acting Heart Reliever Pills

The teachers graded papers all morning and thick stacks of papers lay next to everyone's hands. The highest grade anyone had received all morning was 138.

This exam had been difficult and anything above 130 was already considered a good score.

But the answer sheet before Mr. Wang was beautifully written, fully grasped the concepts being tested, and had impeccable logic. From start to finish, he couldn't find a single error.

A perfect score.

Mr. Wang's eyes grew bright.

"Wow." As he finished grading, he put down his pen, seemingly forgetting the one last paper he had not yet graded. He flipped through the perfect-score paper and looked it over several times, exclaiming to himself, "A perfect score. That's wonderful. I wonder which school they're from."

The rare perfect score not only surprised him, it also washed away the exhaustion of grading all morning.

The teachers sitting next to Mr. Wang also leaned over to look. "A perfect score?"

"Look on the package. The school name is written there..."

A teacher flipped the package of answer sheets and looked. He was surprised and raised his voice. "—E-erzhong?"

Wu Zheng was sitting some distance away from the group of Shisizhong teachers.

The more he graded, the more worried he grew about the little brats from his school. He thought, Look, some other school has already produced a perfect score. He sighed and stopped for a break.

But the moment he twisted open the cap of a bottle of mineral water, he unexpectedly heard the word 'Erzhong.' "......"

"Ah, Mr. Wu, he's from your school!"

Wu Zheng screwed the bottle cap back on. "You read it wrong, right?"

"Nope. It's Liyang Erzhong."

Wu Zheng was completely stunned. He stood up, nearly tripping over the table leg. "That's impossible. Erzhong's students couldn't score above 130 if their life depended on it."

Mr. Wang had to rest for a while to recover from the joy of finding a perfect-score paper. Then he remembered there was one last paper he hadn't graded. He turned the perfect-score paper over, then his hand stilled again.

This time, not only did he pause, his fingers started trembling slightly.

Wu Zheng walked over to Mr. Wang. Before he could pick up the perfect-score paper, his gaze followed Mr. Wang's shaking hands and disbelieving gaze and caught sight of the answer sheet which had not yet been graded. It was an incredibly brazen answer sheet.

Next to the grade sheet, the owner of the answer sheet had already written a striking figure in black pen: 150.

The handwriting was carefree and the strokes were energetic.

Wu Zheng: "......"

"What a farce." Mr. Wang took two deep breaths, then said, "Mr. Wu, the students from your school sure have character. Giving himself a perfect score?"

Wu Zheng said, "No..." He wanted to say, surely this moron isn't a student from our school?

How could our school turn out a student like this?

And he had no recollection of this handwriting, either.

Before Wu Zheng could continue, Mr. Wang cut him off. "Fine. I want to see if he actually gets a perfect score."

This anonymous student had not only pre-given himself a perfect grade, he had filled up the whole exam paper, as if he was showing off his skills. For every long-answer question he had written down three or four ways of solving it.