Chapter 79: You have a boyfriend now. Don't flirt so hard

The day of Erzhong's anniversary celebration, banners were hung up throughout the school and posters covered every noticeboard. They were red, a festive color, and on them was written: Celebrating Liyang Erzhong's 67th Founding Anniversary.

Streamers hung above school gates and students talked about the event as they carried their schoolbags through the gates.

The student council had started decorating the great hall several days ago. Once they were done, they started rehearsing the program.

All the teachers were dressed formally today.

Old Tang was already not young and his fashion sense was even older than he was. He had a thing for old-fashioned cloth shoes. Now, wearing a suit, his outfit could be considered passable, and he looked more energetic and sprightly than usual.

But he still looked as if he felt a little uncomfortable, and he tugged at his tie from time to time when standing on stage.

"Xu Jing said in the group chat that we should go practice after lunch." He Zhao poked Xie Yu with a pen and asked, "Do you still remember the moves?"

Xie Yu was lying down, cheek pillowed on his arms as he looked at He Zhao. "I do."

He Zhao raised his hand and comfortably ruffled Xie Yu's hair. It was soft and he didn't want to stop once he started touching it. "Why don't I believe that?"

Xie Yu had not been enthusiastic about practicing and most of the time he just went through the motions, stone-faced. Xu Jing was less worried about Luo Wenqiang, who danced like he was performing a ritual, than she was about Xie Yu not being able to follow along.

Xie Yu just thought that since he had learned the moves, it was annoying to keep rehearsing. "Believe it or not, that's up to you."

Mad Dog was enthusiastic today and read out Erzhong's school history over the morning announcement. He briefly recapped every key event that had happened over the more than sixty years of school history, then said, "Our school history is mostly made up of, not glorious acts of heroism, excellent resources, or the strength of our teaching staff... but of you, the children who go through three years of highschool in Erzhong, class after class."

Mad Dog kept rambling on over the broadcast. Xie Yu was starting to get a headache listening to it, and flipped open a comic book lying to one side.

Wan Da had brought it from home. The comic was ten books long, a hot-blooded shounen comic. It had been fervently passed around the classroom for a few days, all the boys reading volume after volume.

The day before yesterday, Luo Wenqiang had been reading it in math class and Old Wu had confiscated it, then penalized him with ten math problems. The class was too eager to read the comics and, as a result, planned to sneak into the faculty office while Old Wu wasn't looking to take the comic back.

"Old Xie, are you a man or not?" He Zhao wanted to drag Xie Yu along, but Xie Yu wasn't very interested so he tried to taunt him. "Are you scared?"

Xie Yu said, "Scared, my ass."

They paced outside the faculty office with Wan Da for a while and saw Old Wu flip the comic open. He read all class period and gave them no chance to strike. "......"

Xie Yu had not flipped two pages before he heard He Zhao say loudly, "Teach, today you're... elegant. Dashing and handsome. You look ten years younger. Very good-looking."

As He Zhao spoke he backed away, rocking backwards on his chair so it stood unsteadily on two legs.

Liu Cunhao realized what he was doing and continued, "Truly, the Aaron Kwok¹ of Erzhong."