Chapter 82: What shall we bet

Xie Yu tossed the ball backward to He Zhao, then the two swapped positions.

He Zhao dribbled the ball for a while, glimpsing the onlookers outside the court. The weather was hot and Luo Wenqiang only wore a sleeveless gym shirt, his arm muscles showing.

He Zhao did a double take. "They are?"

Xie Yu pulled down the zip of his jacket and watched He Zhao distractedly dribble. He was in no mood to worry about 'them' and said, frowning, "Be serious."

"No, what are they doing surrounding those two girls..." Before He Zhao could finish, he saw the two girls squeeze past Wan Da hand in hand.

They looked shocked, and ran so fast they could have been sprinting in the 100m event at the sports meet. They dashed into the classroom building like they were fleeing something.

......

He Zhao didn't understand what was going on and he couldn't figure out how this might have happened or how it had ended.

Luo Wenqiang and the others, who had been personally involved, didn't understand either.

Wan Da stood frozen to the spot, scratching the back of his head. "Why did they run?"

Liu Cunhao reflected on the previous events. "We were okay when we talked to them. We were gentle and polite and we weren't fierce."

Luo Wenqiang felt very tired and walked back to the basketball court carrying the ball. He really couldn't figure out girls' hearts. He said, "The issue is whether or not they understood what we said... remember, upright and honest best bros! Upright!"

There were just three or four scattered groups of people on the court.

Class 3 occupied most of the court and Class 4 next door had to walk further in as a result.

Class 4 had split into two teams and looked like they were going to have a friendly match. A proper one, following the rules. Someone had even hung a whistle around their neck.

He Zhao looked away and prepared to go a few rounds with Xie Yu properly.

But before he could throw the ball, he saw a ball fly diagonally across the court in Luo Wenqiang's direction with no warning.

Luo Wenqiang had good reflexes. He stepped to the side and the ball flew past his face like a sharp wind. It cut close, but landed hard on the steel netting behind him.

Thud.

The ball landed hard on the court floor and bounced several times.

"Sorry." A boy from Class 4 was standing about two meters from them. His hair was buzzed short and when he spoke his smile didn't reach his eyes. He spread his hands innocently and said, "Hand slipped."

Then he ran over to the steel netting, bent down, picked up the ball, raised it high above his head, and tossed it back into the court. "Brothers, catch!"

The group went wild.

Buzzcut-who-didn't-smile-sincerely had not left a good first impression on Xie Yu. This was the so-called 'not seeing eye-to-eye.' Luo Wenqiang had been minding his own business playing ball but had been interrupted for the second time by someone whose 'hand slipped.' Now Xie Yu stopped and asked, "Who is that? Does he know how to play ball or not? Is something wrong with his hands or is something wrong with his head?"

The moment Xie Yu finished, another thud sounded behind him.

Then came Luo Wenqiang's raised voice. "What is wrong with you?"