Chapter 92: This time, he'll really be touched! He'll really cry!

The group chatted about everything. They had drunk a lot and no longer held back what they wanted to say, and the conversation topic drifted from online games to their crushes.

Guys only ever chatted about these things.

In their world, which had not yet been dragged out by time and was not yet very wide, these insignificant troubles were of utmost importance.

"The first time I saw her, she was carrying books out of the faculty office. She was looking down as she walked and we nearly crashed into each other... there was nothing special about it, but when she looked up, she smiled at me. Damn, I still remember it to this day."

The rooftop was run down and it was hard to carry chairs up here, so they had spread a few sheets of newspaper on the floor and weighed them down with the beer cans.

Xie Yu sat beside the iron door. He leaned backwards slightly against the door, reached out, and pulled a can of beer from the plastic bag. He hooked a finger into the ring tab and pulled it open, tilting his head back and drinking a few mouthfuls as he listened.

The cool beer slid down his throat.

Xie Yu put the can down by his side, and his palm happened to press onto the back of He Zhao's hand.

Wan Da was secretly carrying a torch for someone, too. He had drunk a little too much this time around and under the influence of the people who had gone before him, he followed up. "Yeah, don't dare tell her I like her..."

Wan Da usually gossiped more than anyone. The moment he got to know something, he couldn't keep it to himself. Even if someone sewed his mouth shut, it would leak. But he had kept his feelings for the girl in the class next door secret for such a long time.

Xie Yu turned and glanced sideways at He Zhao. "You're quite daring. What were you thinking? You weren't scared you'd die?"

He Zhao could tell Xie Yu was referring to the day he had confessed.

He said nothing. He quietly flipped his hand over so his palm was facing up and wove his fingers between Xie Yu's, taking hold of his hand.

Then He Zhao said, "I was scared."

Of course he was scared.

All those careful feelings and uncontrollable thoughts. He wanted to draw closer but didn't dare state his intentions out loud.

But, after the fact, he was glad he had had the courage to take that step.

And he was even more glad that this person next to him... had also walked towards him without a qualm.

Wan Da and the others were still going on about their tragic unrequited loves.

The surroundings were very dark and nobody noticed the surreptitious things the two were doing to the side.

Two or three cans rolled about on the ground, then crashed into the iron door after being blown by the wind and landed next to Xie Yu. He reached out and picked them up, squashed them flat, then threw them into the garbage bag. When he was done, he thought about He Zhao saying they had forced the door open.

The door to the dorm building rooftop was locked year-round. There was a lock and a sign in Mad Dog's handwriting: 'Access Forbidden.'

"How did you force the door open?"

He Zhao would never admit he had looked up a lock-picking tutorial online, but discovered in the end that he really had no talent for it, and had fought several rounds with the lock. He said, faux-casually, "With my mind. It was very easy for me to force the lock."