Chapter 108: But Old Xie's mine

They chased He Zhao until he was forced to stop and take a few hits.

The group crowded in the stairwell entrance. Luo Wenqiang had lost a slipper and hopped downstairs on one foot to get it.

He Zhao leaned against the railing. While they weren't looking, he mouthed at his boyfriend, 'Save me.'

"Are you done making a scene?"

Xie Yu glanced at the time with a smile, then said, "Are you going to class or not?"

Old Tang had told them to return to the classroom to clean up a little and for a meeting. It was probably to distribute new books or to talk about the end-of-term exams.

Hearing this, Liu Cunhao let go and glanced down at his wristwatch. "Damn, that's the time?"

He Zhao walked down the stairs, taking them two at a time. He hooked an arm around Xie Yu's neck and leaned in close. "Do you have a conscience... They chased me for so long and you just stood here watching the show."

Xie Yu looked at him and leaned close to his ear without any hesitation. "Count your blessings. Actually, I wanted to hit you too."

"......"

A line of people walked out of the school dorms. Green foliage surrounded the road, but it did little to block out the sun.

A hot, dry wind rushed up to meet their faces.

Only the Year 3 students had supplementary lessons during the school holidays so the other classroom buildings were empty. They weren't used to how quiet it was.

Old Tang started his lecture before they even reached the classroom door, his voice drifting through the window. "I won't assign you new seats. Go back to your original places. The weather is very hot today. Everybody, please bear with it. Let's try to finish our first round of revision early so you all can have a few more days of vacation."

About half of class 3 had arrived and were cleaning the classroom.

Xie Yu got to the door and glanced inside the classroom, then at the sign by the door.

Year 3, Class 3.

Classroom cleaning duties had been divvied up so there wasn't much left for Xie Yu to do by the time he entered. In the end, he and He Zhao each took half the blackboard. "This half is mine. You scram over to that side."

Even though the division of work was clear, Xie Yu came back after washing his cloth and found that his half of the territory had been occupied by He Zhao.

"Snatching my territory?"

He Zhao said, "In this world the strong prey on the weak."

Xie Yu still had water on his hands. He nearly threw the cloth on He Zhao's head in response.

They were both boys, and tall, and squeezed in front of the blackboard, they fumbled around for a little. Xie Yu reached out to grab the cloth in He Zhao's hand, but He Zhao turned around and looked downward at him. "All right, I won't mess around with you any more."

Old Tang had said all he needed to say. He stood by the side, drinking water, and found these two very funny. Then he shook his head and his gaze landed by the window.

Xu Qingqing was cleaning the window, but her mind was clearly elsewhere.

She rubbed the same section several times and only came back to herself after a while.

"I know you all are very interested in your end-of-term exam grades. The rankings have been compiled and our class did quite well this time around, better than expected. Everybody, have confidence in yourselves."