Chapter 76: You're so unprofessional

Xie Yu had never said anything so mushy in his life. His tone was still cold and he leaned against the back of his chair, watching He Zhao without another sound. In his other hand was the iced Coke he had bought at the door, still radiating a chill.

You are He Zhao.

Just the way you are. Nothing else matters.

"......" He Zhao's hand gradually tightened on Xie Yu's. He Zhao was wondering if he had heard wrong, and coaxed, "Say it again?"

Xie Yu said, "I advise you not to push it."

He Zhao had worn casual clothes today and hadn't even put on his audacious ear studs.

Even so, he drew attention.

The lighting in the theater was bad and it was very dark in the last row. Some people turned around to look at them, and there had been continued whispers ever since they entered the theater.

On the bus back, Xie Yu couldn't recall what the movie had been about. He Zhao had leaned toward him during the movie despite the armrest between them and stolen away all his breath in the faint flickering light of the screen.

His movements had been hurried and frantic, like he was colliding with him.

He was not fazed at all kissing him in public, completely heedless of whether people would see.

The sounds of the movie grew further and further away.

The sounds of the movie and the chattering in the theater aside, only He Zhao's carefully restrained, murmured words remained. "...kill me."

Near the end of the movie, the male and female lead had overcome all their obstacles and embraced.

Xie Yu leaned back in his seat, putting some distance between him and He Zhao, and asked hoarsely, "Are you going back to school later?"

He Zhao glanced down at his pants and made sure his sweater covered it, making it not too obvious, then said, "I'm going home. The school locks its doors at 4:30pm and I won't make it."

Erzhong was strict about curfew, especially on the weekends. To prevent students from staying out too long and getting into trouble, the school gates closed punctually at 4:30 p.m.

Xie Yu didn't know what He Zhao was looking at and followed his gaze. His eyes landed on the same thing and he paused for a second.

"You're hard?"

"Wouldn't be a man if I wasn't." He Zhao pulled the hem of his jacket down again and said, "Don't look at me. Let me rest for a bit."

Buses arrived frequently at Century City, one every ten minutes or so. Not long after they got on the bus—it had not even left the street Century City was on—Madam Gu, anxious, called Xie Yu. "Didn't you say you'd be back soon... look at the time now. Are you eating dinner at home tonight or not?"

"I'm on the bus."

"All you do on the weekend is play. You said you were with a classmate—which classmate? When will you settle down and study properly? How much longer till you get home?"

Xie Yu deliberately ignored half her words and just answered, "Half an hour."

Madam Gu reminded him again to mind his safety, then kept lecturing him. Xie Yu listened quietly.

The feeling of, 'I just secretly went on a date with my boyfriend,' was getting stronger and stronger. It wasn't a big deal. They had just done the usual, and had a meal and saw a movie. But Xie Yu felt that they had both done something incredible.