Chapter 68: Radiant, making waves wherever he stands

"What about the middle-aged dance competition?" He Zhao said. "That was impressive too. Not everyone gets a chance like that."

Xie Yu looked at him and slowly pushed his sleeves up his forearms, then rotated his wrists. "Are you sure you want to keep talking about this?"

The meaning was obvious: Keep goddamn talking and you'll die where you stand.

He Zhao kept asking, "Did everyone cheer when you went on stage?"

"Did you win anything?"

"......"

Liu Cunhao and the others were still writing down their names and discussing songs at the same time. Before they had decided on a song, they heard a crash from the back row.

The sound of someone kicking over a chair was very familiar.

"Oh." Liu Cunhao glanced backwards, then said calmly, "Ignore them. Let's continue."

Luo Wenqiang scratched his head and mumbled, "Did I miss something? I feel like they fight less these days."

And whenever they were together there seemed to be an invisible barrier separating them from their surroundings.

It was a very subtle feeling, and no one could pinpoint just exactly what was strange about it.

Xie Yu was not tactful in the least. He Zhao took several blows before catching hold of Xie Yu's wrist, and nearly tripped over the chair as he moved back. "You're really hitting me?"

Then he added in a whisper, "You're really hitting your boyfriend?"

Xie Yu bent down, picked up the chair on the floor, and pushed it out of his way. "You asked for it."

During lunch break, Old Tang came to distribute the homework and inform everyone of the arts festival.

"I have something to tell you—next week is the school anniversary. Wan Da has probably already told you." Laughter erupted from below. Old Tang paused, then continued, "Every class has to prepare a performance. Everyone, sign up, and let's put together a skit or something—Xu Jing, you take care of it."

The arts rep, hearing her name, raised her hand and said, "Will do, Mr. Tang."

Xie Yu had no interest in the performing arts and his previous experience of dancing on stage had already left a heavy black mark on his heart. It ranked among the top three most embarrassing experiences of his life.

While Old Tang was talking, he was slumped on his desk, sleeping, and didn't notice that the arts rep was now eyeing him and He Zhao.

Secretly, Xu Jing wanted the two of them to lead the performance.

They were the face of Class 3, after all, so their appearance would definitely make waves.

The performances would be graded by the teachers, and since Class 3 was participating they definitely wanted to do well.

"Will He Zhao want to participate?"

After Old Tang left, several of them put their heads together. After Xu Jing asked this, Liu Cunhao banged on the table and said, "Of course he will. No need to even ask. Look at Zhao-ge! So radiant, and making waves wherever he stands. The world is his stage."

Then Xu Jing asked, "What about Xie Yu?"

Liu Cunhao fell silent.

Luo Wenqiang considered it. "That... that is a little more difficult. How about someone else? How about me? My coordination is quite good."

Wan Da said, "Difficult is an understatement... you might want to start thinking about which cemetery you want to lie in after you're dead."

They discussed it until class was about to begin, then they went downstairs to the quad and lined up. They still had not come to a conclusion.