Chapter 67: The Complete Guide to the College Exams

Two brand-new copies of The Complete Guide to the College Exams. On the covers, in bold red letters, was printed: Bad grades? Don't worry! The right guidebook is the key to success!

Wan Da copied two questions, closed his exercise book, then continued fretting about He Zhao showering in the morning. "You and He Zhao both seem to take a lot of showers. Last time, too... are you two germophobes?"

He then remembered Xie Yu's words, 'None of your business,' and stopped.

Xie Yu stood by the desk, flipping through the books, and noticed that the slogan on the cover was genuine.

This guidebook was well-written. It covered content in detail and had thorough explanations of the examples and revision questions. One could grasp the class material just by reading it.

"Whose is this?" Xie Yu's fingers stilled on the contents page. There was no name written in the book and Xie Yu thought it suspicious. Maybe someone had accidentally left it there. "Take it back."

Liu Cunhao was erasing the blackboard. Hearing this, he turned around, still holding the washcloth. "What is it?"

Wan Da was a busybody who went anywhere there was trouble, and immediately ran over. He sat in the empty seat in front of Xie Yu's desk and observed. "Books? Yu-ge, aren't these yours?"

Xie Yu retorted, "Does this look like something of mine?"

Wan Da: "......"

Xie Yu could not be refuted.

The two skilled 'bottom-of-the-class' students never did their homework. Their textbooks were as pristine as they day they received them; they had never touched them, and the books were still like new.

Aside from textbooks, they didn't have any even remotely study-related things.

Xie Yu's desk was clean and empty. He Zhao's occasionally contained lollipop wrappers.

When teachers lectured, Xie Yu and He Zhao never had their worksheets on hand, always missing something or otherdelivered the material, they never had their papers on hand, always missing one or the other. When they were lucky, they were missing different parts and could share, so they listened to class together.

All the subject teachers were mad at them. "—What's wrong with you two? Can't you hold onto your worksheets properly?"

"I was the first in here today and I didn't see anyone come in." Liu Cunhao also thought someone might have misplaced their books. "When everyone's here we can ask about it again."

But when the class had all arrived and Xie Yu took the books around, asking again, no one claimed them.

Liu Cunhao, watching him, thought that he would make a good class rep, actually. He was very intimidating. He stood on the podium, glanced around the class, and they instantly went quiet.

"One last time," Xie Yu said. "Whose are these?"

Xu Qingqing shook her head. "Don't look at me. I don't know. They're not mine."

Luo Wenqiang had bought his own copy a long time ago and made many markings on it, and as he went on about it, he strayed off topic. "This is a good guidebook. My home tutor recommended it to me, and I really think everyone should get it. You just need to flip through it for a while, and then, like me, you'll fall in love with it."

Xie Yu: "......"

He Zhao arrived as class was about to start.

Seeing a crowd around the back row, he wondered what they were talking about.