~ e i g h t e e n ~

"एक छोटी सी बात मान लो,
सफर लंबा है, हाथ थाम लो!"

Space Corridor

Nandini was descending the stairs hastily, as all the lectures were done and she was already late to pick her daughter up from the school day care. And she also have to reach cafe, where she works part time, on time. Hence she was in hurry but stopped when heard Manik's voice.

She looked at him who was huffing with his hands on his knees, trying to breathe normally.

Manik: Kitna stamina, woman?

(So much stamina woman?)

Nandini: You stopped me to tell this?

Manik:(standing straight) Ofcourse not! Are you heading home?

Nandini:(irked) No, to the hell. Wanna join?

Manik: Since when, angels started going in hell?

Nandini:(sarcastically) Since, some people started irritating them.

Manik chuckled despite the fact, that it was him who got roasted by her.

While Nandini was confused with herself, since when she started conversing with people so easily? Especially boys!

She came out of her trance when he snapped his fingers seeing her lost. She looked at him and sighed.

Nandini: I'm getting late.

Manik: Oh yeah! Actually I wanted to apologise.

Nandini:(frowning) For?

Manik: The things I said in the morning, actually I didn't wanted to speak out so much, but just couldn't stop myself from saying what I felt.

Nandini looked at him to saw honesty in his eyes. But she still was disturbed with the fact that how could he so easily read out her eyes? Was she so obvious?

Seeing her lost again Manik sighed and forwarded his hand to shake her shoulder a bit, but stopped in the mid, and snapped his fingers again, bringing her out of her zone.

Manik: Lost again? See Tigress, I know that...

Nandini:(interuopted) Now you know my name .

Manik:(shrugged) But Tigress suits you. So as I was saying..

Nandini: (interuopted again) I forgave you. It's okay!

Manik:(grinning) Really? Thank you so much. I was feeling so bad you know.

Nandini: Now, if you allow me, Can I leave?

Manik made an oh face but nodded and gave way to her. He saw her descending stairs and shouted from behind.

Manik: Bye Tigress!

He saw her halting for a second before leaving, at which he chuckled, and turned around to saw the two evil twins standing there with their evil smirks on their faces.