~ f o r t y s i x ~

Loved the response in previous one <<33

4k+ long chapter.

Trigger warning -  (mild) mention of rape ahead!

Vote, Comment and Share :)

Join me on Instagram for spoilers and reels :)

Ps- don't hate Manik 🖤

--- ♡ ---

"Muskurahat dekh kar unki hum hosh gawa baithe,

hum hosh mein aane ko hi the, woh phir muskura baithe,"

--- ♡ ---

"I never thought I would say this, but you're acting like a coward, Manik."

Abhi barked at Manik being frustrated at him.

"Abhi Shutup. Don't say things like this. Why aren't you understanding his point of view?" Mukti hissed at Abhi and Abhi rolled his eyes at her.

"He is right Mukti. Manik is not even trying for God sake. Just, Look at him, now too he is busy doing God knows what on his mobile, as if we aren't even talking to him." Cabir spoke and everyone looked at Manik who was sitting on his bed with his mobile in his hand ignoring everyone as if he wasn't able to hear what his friends were saying.

"Cabir calm down. We have to be with him."

"We are with him Navya. From the last four days we are with him here. But till when? Is he planning to stay in his room for forever?" Abhi asked all the whole glaring at Manik who still wasn't effected which angered Cabir and Abhi more.

"Abhi. Cabir. Will you guys calm down please? What do you want him to do, hmm? When Nyo Aunty had literally gave him her swear that he won't meet Nandini. How the hell he can choose between his mother and Nandini?"

"He had already chose Mukti. He had made his choice. He had chose his mother. But my question is, what about Nandini? Wasn't this inevitable? Wasn't this obvious that his family would oppose? Didn't he knew it already? But still he chose to move forward with Nandini. Manik? You gave her hopes for what? Only to break them by yourself? I had seen it in her eyes. She had started to trust you Manik. But what you did? The usual. Do you think it won't break her more than she already is? God knows how much more she has to bear in her life."

Cabir had tears in his eyes at the end. He was crying feeling Nandini's pain. First, she had to go through the worst any girl can go through. Then her own family abandoned her for their petty reputation and name. She suffered, she suffered and she is still suffering. All alone.

Abhi too blinked away his tears. Nandini's vulnerable state of that night flashed in front of his eyes making him shut them close. He failed that day to protect her, he failed today to protect her. He was feeling miserable.

Navya and Mukti know that Cabir and Abhi aren't wrong, but for them, Manik is also not be at fault. From childhood, he had been the pampered child for his family. He loves them more than he love himself. But that doesn't mean that his love for Nandini was fake. He is in a crossroad where whomever he will choose, the person to get hurt the most would always be him.

They four looked at Manik who was still staring at his phone like the past three days. They don't know what's going on in his mind or heart. He never spoke. He is silent since that night when he came back home. He didn't left his room.

They wish at least Arijit was here, but he was out of country for some business and Mrunal was also with him. His grandparents were in Amritsar, their native village for some time. Raj would come to him but he never spoke and so does with Nyonika.