~ f o r t y ~

{Note- Play the song mentioned above starting from 1:27 duration till end, when I'll leave the music emoticon, just for the feel}

"लफ्जों में सिमटी हुई मोहब्बत,
कौन समझ पाया है आजतक?"

"Shi Maa, phone?" Anahita tilted her head asking for Ishita's phone from her, who was sitting on the couch in living room watching television.

"And why do you want it?" Anahita gave an innocent look to her mother who was arranging food on dining table.

"I want to call Mumma!" Ishita chuckled at the little girl's expression as she spoke nonchalantly as if it was the most obvious thing. Nandini raised her brows with confusion.

"And May I know mam, whom do you wanna call at this hour?" It was eight in thi night, not much time but still Nandini was confused as to whom her daughter wanted to talk with.

"Loktal!" Anahita grinned and shrugged and Nandini's face went blank. It has been two days since the day of Manik's impromptu confession to her. In these two days, Ishita has seen a disturbed and lost Nandini. Nandini didn't even went to college, and neither at her work in these two days. Basically, she had locked herself in the house from two days. And the worst thing is she won't even share anything with Ishita when asked.

Nandini looked at her daughter snapped out of her thoughts when Anahita again demanded for Ishita's phone who gave her. She saw Anahita tapping the screen to call her Rockstar and but before she could call him, Nandini snatched the phone from her hand, which startled both Anahita and Ishita.

"Mumma phone!!" Anahita whined when she saw her mother taking the phone away. It has been three to four days she had talked with her Rockstar. She was missing him, and wanted to talk with him.

"Come and have your dinner Anahita." Ishita was more confused with Nandini's behaviour. She never stopped Anahita from talking to Maik earlier. What happen now, she wondered.

"No! I want to talk to Loktal first. Pleach Mumma. I will eat food." Anahita asked softly from her mother tugging at her kurti as she was keeping the water on the table.

"I said no, you're not calling anyone. Come and have your food and then straight to the bed." Anahita frowned hearing her mother's firm tone, which she hardly use. She huffed and silently sat on the chair, and started eating her food served by Nandini without making any mess. Ishita too came and the trio had their dinner in silence. After finishing her dinner, Anahita ran to the kitchen to keep her plates and came back after washing her hand and stood beside her mother with a toothy grin who smiled at her daughter.

"Now, I can call Loktal?" She again tilted her head asking softly but Nandini's smile disappeared and she exhaled a deep breath.

"No!" Anahita's smile fell off her face hearing her mother's reply. Her eyes welled up a little as her mother wasn't letting her speak with her Rockstar and she looked down. Ishita felt bad for the little one and looked at Nandini who also had frowns on her face.

"Nandu!! Bache, let her talk, no? See, she is so sad."

"Ishi Maa..." Anahita again tried manaofying her mother.

"Mumma pleach!!"

"I said No Anahita!! Didn't you heard me? Now go to your room and get under the sheets after brushing your teeth." Anahita flinches with her mother's stern voice and the tears finally slipped away from her eyes. Nandini saw her daughter crying silently and her heart broke, but before she could cajole her daughter, Anahita ran away to the room leaving a frustrated Nandini behind.