~ t h i r t y o n e ~

"रास्ते खूबसूरत है तुम्हारे साथ,
मंजिल की फिलहाल बात नही करते!"

"Abey, kyu maar Raha hai mujh masum si Jaan ko. Ouch!! Lag raha hai gadhe!!"

(Hey, why are you beating my innocent self? It's hurting, you donkey)

Abhi, Navya, and Mukti were watching the scene with amusement yet confusion. Amusement because Cabir was getting some solid punches from Manik, and confusion because they don't know the reason why he was getting such a beautiful treatment.

Were they feeling bad for him?

A little bit.

Were they going to stop Manik?

Hell No!!

While after some time, Manik stopped his torture of Cabir with a light punch to his face and sat on the floor. He looked at Cabir who was making crying faces and wincing, at which Manik rolled his eyes because he didn't beat him that hard, except for two or three solid punches. But Cabir deserved it, so doesn't matter.

Mukti and Navya sat in front of Manik on the floor. While Abhi helped Cabir in sitting he was behaving like he got beaten in a street fight. Right now, they were in the Music room of Malhotra Mansion. After the earlier incident in the hall, the house was too silent. Manik came to his music room and kept playing his guitar until Fab Four came. And as soon as he saw Cabir, he punches him in his stomach making him fall in shock.

Now, Cabir was sitting adjacent to Manik but kept a hand distance between them, not trusting him. Rest three sat in front of them.

"Manik, why were you beating this poor soul? To be Frank, the first time I'm feeling pity on him."

"You Idiot, if you were feeling so much pity on me, then why didn't you stop him?" Abhi chuckled and Cabir looked at him with betrayed expression.

"Because it's not every day Cabir, jab tumhe tumhare paapo ki saza milti hai."

(When you get punished for your bad deeds)

Mukti and Abhi chuckled at Navya's words while Manik smiled and looked at Cabir. He slides himself towards him to which Cabir gave him a frightened look which made everyone chuckle. Manik smiled at him and circles his arm around his shoulder.

"It did hurt you, no Bire?"

(Bire- Cabir)

"Of course, man. I was feeling like I was in the WWE."

"It must've hurt her too." Fab Four's head snapped in Manik's direction who gave them a plain knowing look.

"Uhh, Who Manik?"

"You know Mukti, whom I'm talking about. Yes, Nandini." Cabir gulped his lump and looked at the other three who were also tensed. Abhi blinked his eyes and looked at Manik as if to read through his face what else he knows. Mukti and Navya looked at each other with fear.

"Don't worry, I don't know everything that you guys know. And yes, I know that You know." Manik sat straight and looked at his friends. He smiled mirthlessly and looked down entwining his hands around his knees. He has realized that his friends know about Nandini's past. How and how much, he doesn't know.

"Manik. We-We didn't want to hurt you. And besides, we don't know everything, just bits and pieces."

Manik looked at Abhi who was looking guilty. Manik bit his lip and kept staring at him. He wanted to know. He wanted to ask him, what is it? But he couldn't. He doesn't know, how bad it is. And he is not sure if he is ready to hear it.