~ f i f t y t h r e e ~

•~•

kisi ko ujad kar basse toh kya basse,
kisi ko rula kar hasse toh kya hasse.

•~•

Nandini's eyes fluttered open when she felt a feather touch on her cheeks and her eyes met the sight of her daughter who was sitting beside her with all the concern and affection for her. And seeing her mother opening her eyes a smile broke on the little girl's face.

"You okay Mimi?" For some moment Nandini felt guilty, for not paying attention to her daughter and not taking care of her but her daughter's one gentle touch and beautiful smile was enough for her to not drown in that guilt. She smiled a little smile and sat on the bed with the support of the headboard, and took Anahita in her lap.

"Mimi is absolutely fine bache. And Mimi is sorry too for ignoring you." Nandini's voice was hoarse due to crying so much last night. And as the last night flashed through her mind she looked around her room but didn't found the person she was looking for. For a moment she felt dejected but chucked off the bitter feeling and looked at her daughter.

"Iti was scared Mimi." Nandini gently caressed Anahita's head as she dipped her head in her mother's neck clearly showing how scared she was.

"No need to be scared baby. Mumma will always be there for you. Mumma would never leave you alone. Mumma would never let you become me. Never."

Kissing the top of Anahita's head all the while lost somewhere Nandini didn't noticed Ishita standing on the threshold with tears, which she wiped before entering in and stood close to the mother- daughter duo. She kept her hand on Nandini's head bringing her out of the trance she was in.

"How are you bache?" Nandini took Ishita's hand and kissed the inside of her palm before smiling.

"I'm fine Ishi Maa. Sorry for worrying you."

"Thappad khaogi? You are my daughter, you've all the right to make me worry." Nandini chuckled alongwith Ishita and Anahita pushed herself out of her mother's neck with a frown as she didn't understood the joke.

(You want to get a slap)

"Nandu, go get fresh and eat something, you haven't had anything since yesterday." Nandini gave a faint smile and nodded and Ishita caressing her hairs moved out.

"Mimi you will make me bath?" Anahita tilted her head with a sweet pout which melted Nandini and she nodded which made Anahita happy and she jumped from her mother lap and straight away went in the washroom.

"Careful bacha." Nandini sighed as she heard Anahita's giggle which must be due to her some mischievousness and she too got up from the bed with a little so energy in her body. It's then when Nandini's gaze fell on a green note that was kept on the side table with a paperweight above it. Intrigued, she picked up the note and read it.

New Morning Love ♡

Just wanted to let you know that I loved you earlier, but now, I love you a little more (if that's possible even) for the way you've survived. I know, you won't believe me but one day you will. One day you are going to look at someone and say, "I survived". There is great satisfaction in that. Even more if the person staring back comes from your mirror. Till then, I'll remind you that. And until you doesn't start loving yourself, I'll love you for the both of us.