~ t w e n t y ~

"तेरी आदत लगने से पहले तक,

सब सही था!"

Space Canteen

Nandini entered in the canteen after attending back to back three lectures only to hear the students hooting.

Manik!

Manik!

Manik!

She frowned and looked at the centre table where the person himself - The Manik Malhotra was sitting on the table with guitar in his hand. His friends were standing around him, while the girls in canteen were shouting his name, asking him to sing.

She saw Manik's gaze falling on her and his guitar strummed. And soon the whole big room fell into silence. The only sound could be heard was Manik's guitar's. And the person himself was looking directly in her eyes. And next, everyone heard was His voice.

"मैने तुमको आते देखा,
अपनी जान को जाते देखा।

जाने फिर क्या हुआ, नही याद x२
गली में आज चांद निकला,
हो! गली में आज चांद निकला।।"

Manik stopped singing when he saw Nandini leaving the canteen. Everyone clapped around him, to which he gave a small smile and looked at his friends who were giving him a smirking smile, to which he passed them a nervous one before sprinting out of the canteen hastily with his guitar.

Manik's pov-

I was in the canteen with my friends who were devoir over Mumma's Aloo Paratha, which she sent for them, especially for Her Cabir. Sometimes I think, she loves him more than me.

But then I looks at him.

And then at myself!

And then thinks, ki iss Cabir jaisi gandi shakal se toh kon hi pyaar karega, m jyada pyara hu!

(That I have better face than this Cabir's bad face, i am more loveable)

I was getting bored, while these four animals were eating like they haven't eaten since months! Cabir is rubbing off on them.

To pass my time I took my guitar out, and just kept tuning it which I guess attracted the attention of the students who started pestering me to sing. I was about to deny when my gaze fell on the entrance of the canteen and I saw her walking in!

Tigress!

She was looking beautiful in plain white kutti and black leggings. Her ears were adorned with beautiful crescent shaped studs. I looked into her eyes and at the same moment she looked into mine.

And I swear, It was involuntary that my fingers started strumming the tune.

And it was purely not my senses working when I started singing.

I was lost in her deep eyes and was singing when I saw her eyes blinking. Frowns appearing on her face and she left the canteen.

And I stopped singing still looking at the way she went. I was bought out of the trance by students' clapping sound. I gave them a small smile and giving a nervous one to my friends hurriedly ran out of the canteen.