Chapter 3 : Questions

Alec looked at his wife, dumbfounded. A child? How is that even possible? He's a VAMPIRE. Vampires aren't fertile. Unless.....unless Rosalyn.....no. That's not possible. Rosalyn loved him and him only. There couldn't be another guy. Right? Alec watched as Felix bombarded Rosalyn with questions and compliments. It couldn't be. Felix was his best friend. He wouldn't do this to him. Never. And his wife....so loyal and kind. She wouldn't think of such treachery. But Felix was a vampire. So it couldn't be him. Unless it's one of the human servants! Yes. That has to be it. One of the servants must have raped her. That's the answer.

Flashback:

Alec walked down the dimly lit hallway, making his way to his room. All of a sudden, a cry could be heard. He rushed towards it, using his senses to locate the source of the scream. However, it shifted places every few seconds or so. An hour later, he found his wife lying on the floor, blood puddling around her.

"Rosalyn! Are you alright? What happened?" He yelled.

"I-I just t-tripped." She stuttered.

"Are you sure?" He asked suspiciously.

"Yes! I'm sure!" She protested.

Alec looked at his wife, still unsure but agreed with her anyway.

"You must be careful. This is a castle full of vampires. You're lucky that we all created a tolerance to the smell of your blood. If not, you would've been dead by now." He scolded.

"I will next time. I promise." Rosalyn smiled.

"Now come on. We need to get that bandaged up."

End of Flashback:

She must have been raped. That's why she was stuttering so much. And the wound. It didn't come from her knees or ankles. It was from her....well yeah. No wonder she was so self conscious for a while. But this means, his wife is carrying someone else's child?! He didn't want that terrible excuse of a baby!

"Alec. Alec!"

His wife's yelling brought him back from his thoughts.

"Hm? Yeah? Oh sorry what did you say?" He asked.

"I said that we needed to buy some baby necessities." Said Rosalyn.

"Can I just ask you a question?" Asked Alec.

"You just did." She teased.

"Haha. Real funny. I'm serious."

Rosalyn looked taken aback at his harsh and serious tone.

"I was just joking. No need to be so rude. What is it?" She said.

"Is that baby mine?"