Chapter 7: Deep Shit

Jane's POV

I swear to god I'll kill that pathetic excuse of a brother. How dare he divorce his wife just like that?! It's not like Rosalyn had any control over rape! I growled as I saw Alec deny Felix and Demetri entry to the dungeon, once again using his gift to threaten them. These are the days when I wish I had the heart to use mine on him. Ugh! As Alec was distracted with those two, I saw that the door behind him was open. Using vampire speed, I rushed in and burst into Rosalyn's room.

"Rosalyn! How are you? Are you hurt? Do you need any-"

I cut myself off as I saw her empty bed and closet. Alec ran in shortly afterwards.

"Jane! I told you repeatedly that you cannot come in here! I don't want you with that vile monster sis-"

A dead ringing cut him off. I saw the dark red handprint I left on his right cheek. Tears pooled my ruby eyes as I stared at the confusion in his.

"She's gone you idiot! She's gone! Because of you!" I screamed, running to my room, slamming my door close, and locking it.

Alec's POV

I just stared at the empty room in front of me, trying to process what just happened. Rosalyn....left? Jane, my own sister, my own blood, slapped me? Just....what? I snapped back to reality and saw the half open door at the end of the dungeon. I knew we should have fixed that a long time ago. I was in some really deep shit. They are going to murder me. The masters were already upset about me putting Rosalyn in this abandoned guest room but now, she's gone?! I'm fucked.