Chapter 21: Infuriatingly Sad

Rosalyn's POV

"M-my life?!" I gasped.

"Yep. Your life.  You know my name and that is enough to get me killed by everyone in the god forsaken castle. Now we can't let that happen can we?"

I gulped.

"I can easily kill you. I'm a vampire now. You can't hurt me anymore." I said, trying to mask my fear.

He chuckled humorlessly.

"You could. But you won't. Because you can't. You don't have the heart to kill me. Even after what I did. You are innocent Rosalyn. And that's what makes you weak." He hissed.

Tears brimmed my eyes and I ran down the hallway vampire speed. I ran into the throne room.

"My dear, what's wrong?" Asked Aro, immediately dropping whatever they were talking about.

"M-master. It's Mason. That human servant. He was the one who raped me. I was afraid to tell you before because I thought that you would judge me," I whispered.

"My dear...of course we wouldn't. Guards! Find Mason and bring him here immediately!"

I looked up at Aro with grateful eyes.

"Thank you master. I owe my life and so much more to you." I whispered.

He smiled and hugged me.

"You're family now. And this is what family do for one another. No need to thank me."

"Still."

He chuckled.

"Still just as stubborn as I remember."

I giggled. Just then, a bunch of guards dragged Mason to the center of the throne room. I noticed that Alec was glaring at him with fire filled eyes.

"Mason, you are to be put to death immediately for the sexual harassment of Rosalyn. How do you plead?" Inquired Aro, with a serious tone.

"Guilty as charged. You were a really good fuck Rosalyn. Enjoyed taking away the one thing you could've given to your precious Alec. Death was totally worth it." Smirked Mason.

What?

"Very well. Who would like to do the honors?"

"Me." Hissed Alec.

I watched as he stalked towards the human and broke every one of his limbs. His screams reverberated throughout the room, his blood staining the white marble floor. Alec then bit into his neck and ripped out his esophagus, killing Mason forever. I slowly walked towards Alec and kissed his bloody lips.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"I wished that I could torture him longer...but humans are too fragile. I was a little rough on him and now he's dead. What a pity." Spat Alec.

"Shhh.... He's a thing of the past now. All that matters is that you're here. And so am I." I whispered, brushing my thumb across his blood stained cheek.

He held my hand and smiled.

"You're right. I love you so much Rosalyn."

"As do I."