Chapter 16: An Interesting Turn of Events

Briar's POV

I ran down the unfamiliar corridors before stopping and falling down in despair. I fumbled with my doll before throwing it across the hallway.

"Stupid Demetri. Stupid, stupid, stupid," I mumbled.

I buried my head in my knees before falling asleep.

-small time skip-

I woke up with a groan, stretching my arms out and hitting...sheets? When did I get on a bed? Who brought me here? Where am I? I was about to scream for help when I saw a figure kneeling next to my bed.

"D-Demetri?" I whispered, crawling towards the edge.

He didn't say anything.

"Demetri," I said more sternly.

He still didn't reply.

"Demetri Volturi! I order you to reply this instant!" I hissed.

"What do you wish for me to say, Ms. Briar?" he asked, his head still lowered.

"Something, anything! And don't call me that!" I said, exasperated at his strange behavior.

Then I remembered. Oh yeah. 

"Very well. I apologize for antagonizing you. It was a sin worthy of any punishment you have in store for me," he said monotonously.

"...Any punishment?" I asked curiously.

"Yes."

I leaned back against the wall and crossed my arms.

"Stand up," I ordered.

He immediately got up, his head still bowed.

"Look me in the eyes."

His ruby eyes bore into mine.

"Now get on one knee."

He did, but dropped his head.

"Did I say that all previous commands were canceled?! Look me in the eyes Demetri Volturi! Don't be a coward!" I screamed.

His eyes immediately shot up.

"Now tell me what I really am to you. And don't you dare lie or I'll tell Aro to lock you in the dungeons for eternity with no blood!" I hissed.

"..."

"Do I need to repeat myself?!" I screamed.

"No ma'am."

"Well? Get on with it. And don't call me that!"

"You are...the most beautiful girl I have ever met. You are the only girl who has ever caught my eyes. You are more than just a responsibility to me. You're...my...

...la tua candante."