Chapter 10: Bury Me Where We First Met

Rosalyn's POV

I slowly watched as I bled out....it didn't hurt....actually, I didn't feel anything. I smiled weakly, knowing that little Briar had a chance to the happy ending that I never had. Death is just that cruel....giving you a small sliver of hope and then snatching it away. I always wondered why everything went so smoothly in the past few months. Turns out, this was the end result, I sighed as I heard footsteps...too quick to be that of a human's. Good. A vampire. Where it begins, it can end. I looked up and gasped, staring back at the same haunting eyes as I did for nearly my entire life.

"A-Alec?" I whispered.

"Rosalyn...." he murmured, bending down and staring at my blood soaked clothes.

"Kill me...." I whispered, begging him pathetically.

"No.....why?" he asked, scooping me up and placing me in his lap.

This position seemed so familiar....

"I gave Briar to Demetri....he is taking her back to the castle. Jane'll be her mother and her father we'll say died in battle. His name is Ryan. I don't want y-you to carry the b-burden of taking care of the s-spawn of the devil...as you would c-call it," she whispered, her voice getting weaker by the second.

"No no no...we'll go back to the castle. We'll raise little Briar together. We'll live happily ever after. I'm sorry I did this to you. I-I'm so sorry...," whimpered Alec.

"D-do me one l-last favor A-Alec. C-carry my b-body to the f-first place w-we met and b-bury it t-there. I want to e-end it where w-we started. P-please...I l-love you, my sweet A-Alec," she smiled and closed her eyes for the very last time.

"N-NO! ROSALYN! DON'T YOU DARE DIE ON ME!" cried Alec, biting her neck and inserting venom all through her body.

After hours of shoving venom into her already dead system, Alec collapsed in his pool of tears.