Chapter 9: A Task and Unexpected Surprise

Alec's POV

I watched as the sun began to set, the sky turning from light blue to a vibrant red. It was like the heavens were mourning for Rosalyn's disappearance, constant taunting me. I sighed and walked away from the window, meeting the cold gaze of the three masters. I bowed instivtively and waited for permission to rise. I didn't get any.

"Aleczander Volturi. Your behavior and attitude towards your wife is utterly unacceptable. I've heard from Jane that she let because of it." Hissed Marcus.

I didn't say anything.

"I want you to go find her. Court her. Make her love you again. Take down that little attitude of yours or we will. If we see a single tear ever shed from her eyes, you will pay for it with your life." Growled Caius.

I remained silent.

"Go on now. Your love is probably withering somewhere in a dark alley and slowly dying along with that 'wretched creation', as you would call it." Muttered Aro.

I rose before jumping out of the window and trying to trace her scent.

Rosalyn's POV

I wrapped my cloak around Briar, trying to wipe all the blood away from her body. Some of it already started to crust. She started wailing and crying, begging for milk. I walked into the corner of a dark alley and began to breast feed her, trying to stop her cries. Eventually, she fell asleep in my arms. Just then, a man came out of nowhere. Judging by his luminous ruby eyes and incalculable speed, he was a vampire.

Ads by external sourceAd Options

"What do you want?" I hissed, cuddling Briar closer to my chest.

He smirked before crouching down.

"Don't you remember me, love?" he asked, his Egyptian accent coming out.

I looked long and hard before gasping.

"Demetri?"

Chapter 10:

Rosalyn's POV

I sighed in relief before crumbling against the wall. He looked closely at the bundle before reaching out.

"May I?" he asked.

I nodded, carefuly passing my baby into his arms. He stared at it with a kind of awe.

"What's her name?" he asked after checking the gender.

"Briar. Briar Jer Volturi." I smiled weakly.

"A beautiful name. Just like her mother."

I chuckled before shaking my head.

"I want you to take her Demetri." I said.

He looked at me with a shocked expression.

"What?" he asked, clarifying.

"I want you to take the baby back to the castle and give it a happy and normal life. My baby won't survive out in the streets for long. I have no money or shelter. She won't last long with me. Please Demetri. I'm begging you. Make Jane her mother and if Briar ever asked. Tell her that her father was a brave vampire who died in battle. Tell her that his name was......Ryan."

Demetri stared at me with tearful eyes.

"What about you, milady?" he asked.

I looked off into the distance.

"I will settlein somewhere. Don't worry about me. If I ever get the chance, I'll write to you. My name will be Elizabeth Hadely, your distant vampire cousin from Rome." I smiled.

He stood up and stared at me long and hard with those dark ruby eyes.

"Yes...milady."