Chapter 5 : Too Late

Deathly silence followed the unexpected confession.

"I-I'm sorry A-Alec. I-im sorry!" Sobbed Rosalyn.

"Get away from my sight. You are despicable." Muttered Alec.

"N-no please. P-please Alec." Begged Rosalyn, on her knees now.

Alec turns away and crossed his arms.

"I don't want to be associated with an unpurified victim of sexual harassment. I will get the divorce papers as soon as possible."

"What? No Alec please!" Screamed Rosalyn.

"Brother! How could you?! It wasn't Rosalyn's fault that she got raped!" Hissed Jane.

"Yet she kept it to herself. If you truly loved me, you would tell me straight away so I could go and kill that brat. But no. You said nothing. You wished to keep it a secret." Sighed Alec.

"Are you sure about this bro? Maybe you ought to give it a few days. After all, maybe Rosalyn just didn't want you to think differently about her." Suggested Demetri.

"She should know that I wouldn't judge her. Unless she was questioning my love for her. In that case, well, there is nothing left for me to say."

"No Alec! I'm sorry I didn't tell you! I was afraid that you would act like this! Please Alec don't leave me! Don't divorce me please...." Whimpered Rosalyn.

"It's too late for apologies."