Chapter 18: Mason

Rosalyn's POV (haha surprise surprise! :))

It's been eight solid months and I knew that I would have to get out of here soon. After all, feeding merely on rats and strays aren't exactly healthy. But he was outside. Alec. I don't know if I am ready to face him. I sighed and walked to the bathroom, taming my wild hair. If I was going to go out and face everyone, I had to look somewhat presentable.

Briar's POV

"I think I l-love you too," I whispered quietly.

Demetri flashed the biggest smile I have ever seen on his face. He then stood up and carried me up, spinning me around. I giggled and playfully hit his arms.

"Put me down you insolent," I laughed.

He then completely let go of me and I screamed. Just before I hit the ground, a strong pair of arms grabbed me. I peeked open my eyes and saw Demetri smirking at me.

"Come again?" he asked, a smug expression plastered on his face.

I scowled before lifting myself into his chest. I buried my head into his muscled figure before deeply inhaling his scent. Caramel.

"Umm...excuse me sir, ma'am. Is this a bad time?"

I looked past Demetri's soldier and saw a human servant.

"No. What is it?" I asked with a small smile on my face.

"Master Aro has requested that I send you this," he said, placing down a tray that held a glass of blood and a cup of tea.

"Thank you..." I trailed off.

"Mason, ma'am," he said, bowing slightly.

"Mason...?"

"Mason Dawn, ma'am."

"Well thank you Mason."

"It was my pleasure."