8. dead girls are ruining my life

Maddie walked into school, proudly wearing her cheer uniform. It was the first pep rally of the year and the Sirens always performed at each and every one.

It was the only time other than game days that they wore their uniforms during the day. Her hair was pulled back into the ponytail she wore whenever she was performing.

She walked down the hall smiling as she saw Derek and Tristan with Willow and Kate at his locker. "Morning" she smiled, wrapping her arms around him as she pressed her lips to his.

Surprised, but not upset, he moved his lips in sync with hers as his hands found her waist. "Good Morning" he laughed as they pulled away. "What was that for?" he asked.

"I'm claiming my territory, silly," she said, pushing a strand of hair out of his face. "Claiming your territory?" he asked, clearly amused.

"Madelyn is very territorial. In 6th grade, Rebecca Walsh only glanced at her then-boyfriend and she cut off her ponytail during class" Kate laughed.

"You cut off a girl's hair?" Derek laughed. "I don't like people trying to take what's mine," she said, wrapping an arm around him.

"I swear only a month ago you hated him and now you're obsessed" Tristan laughed. "I didn't hate him," she said. "Well, how do I let people you're mine?" Derek asked.

"Oh, here," she said, reaching in her bag and pulling out her cheer picture from last year's yearbook. "You can put it in your locker," she said, handing it to him. "You're insane" he laughed as he leaned down to kiss her.

The two pulled away as Principal Greenwood's voice came over the speakers.

"Will Madelyn Martin and Derek Hale please come to my office?"

"It's probably about the pep rally," Maddie said.

"Or about the body you two found," Tristan said. "Shut up," she said, taking Derek's hand as they walked down the hall to his office.

"You don't think it's actually about the body do you?" she asked never wanting to have to talk about it ever again.

"No, we already talked to the police. I'm sure it's about the pep rally" he said, squeezing her hand. They walked into the office where Greenwood was waiting for them.

"Thank you for coming in. Have a seat," he said gesturing to the two chairs in front of his desk. "Is this about the pep rally?" she asked. "Yes, Ms.Martin it is. Unfortunately, the Sirens won't be able to perform today" he said.

"Excuse me?" she asked, a laugh almost forming. Greenwood cleared his throat, almost as if he was scared to tell her.

"Since the body found last night belonged to Beacon High Student Angela Russel the pep rally will serve as a memoriam for her. Her friends will be allowed to speak and I believe the sheriff and mayor also have some words to share" he said.

"So the Siren's don't get to perform because some random girl that no one cares about died? But I bet the Cyclones still get to go up and get introduced by running through that stupid piece of paper" she said.