19. prom night

Willow and Tristan were sitting on Maddie's bed, looking at her and Derek as if they'd grown another head. 

"Maddie. I need you to be completely honest with me" Willow said. "Are you on drugs?"

Maddie almost laughed. "What?"

"I'm serious. Are you on drugs? Because that's the only reason any of this makes sense" Willow said. "Wills, I am not on drugs. I'd show you but like I said...Kate took my powers" she said. 

"And you're a...werewolf?" Tristan asked, looking at Derek who just nodded. "Can you prove it?" he asked. Derek glanced at Maddie before looking back at Tristan. 

When his eyes glowed blue, his eyes nearly popped out of his head. "Holy shit" he mumbled. "This is fucking insane," Willow said, running a hand through her hair. 

"I know. That's why I didn't want to tell you. I didn't want you to get involved" Maddie said, sitting next to her. "And that's why you and Kate were fighting? Because she's a hunter whose family wants to kill you and Derek?" Willow asked. 

Maddie nodded. "Yeah. Pretty much." Tristan turned his attention back to Derek. "Hold up. Does this mean you've been cheating as basketball this whole time?" he asked. 

Derek looked at him surprised. "What?"

"You've got like superstrength and stuff right? That's like...steroids or something!" he exclaimed. "Tris, he's not taking steroids" Maddie sighed. "And I don't use my powers when I'm playing. I'm just better than you" Derek smirked. 

Tristan rolled his eyes and was ready to fire back when the door opened and Maddie's mom walked in. "Oh, you're all here! Well, I just wanted to confirm the limo is picking you up from here tomorrow at 8:30" she said. 

"Yeah, sounds good" Maddie smiled as her mom said hi to everyone before closing the door. "After all this, we're still supposed to just...go to prom tomorrow?" Willow asked. 

"Yes! Are you insane? We've had our dresses picked out for months! Absolutely nothing is stopping us from going to prom!" Maddie exclaimed. 

"We're still going to your lake house after right?" Tristan asked. "Yes, Tristan. We're still going to the lake house."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Maddie held her hair up in a ponytail and turned to look at Lydia. "What do you think? Up or down?" she asked. 

Lydia looked at her, truly considering the choices. "Up. Definitely up" she said. "I knew you'd make the right choice" Maddy smiled, grabbing a hair tie. 

Willow walked out of the bathroom, her hair all up in curlers. "What time is it?" she asked. Maddie looked over at the clock beside her bed. 

"7:30. Why?" she asked. "The guys are gonna be here soon and I still have so much to do" Willow cried. Maddie rolled her eyes and finished up her eyeshadow. 

"Lydia, help her pick out a lipgloss, please. Before she has an aneurysm or something" she said. Lydia just laughed and walked over to help her. Deciding her hair and makeup looked good, Maddy grabbed her dress from where it hung on the back of her door. 

She unzipped it and held it up to her body before slipping into it. Her mom knocked on the door before calling out to them. "Come in!" Maddie called. 

She turned to her mom as she walked in. "Zip me up, please." Her mom smiled, helping her with the zipper as she looked at Maddie in the mirror. 

"You look so beautiful" her mom sighed. Maddie smiled as she looked at her reflection. "Do you think he'll like it?" she asked. 

"I think he's going to die," Natalie said. She turned to Willow who had finally gotten her dress on. "So will Tristan. You both look amazing" she added.