11. really really hot

"Guys. I'm fine. I don't need you to escort me everywhere" Maddie said, opening her locker.

"Madelyn you almost died, remember?" Willow asked. "Yes, Wills. I remember. Vividly" she said.

"Sorry" Willow mumbled. "Have you even been cleared to go back to school? It's only been a week since you were released" Kate said.

"Yep. Cleared for school and cheer. Which means practice is scheduled as normal" she said. As she pulled a book out of her locker, she let out a yelp feeling someone's arms wrap around her waist.

She smiled when she turned seeing Derek behind her who had come over with Tristan. "Hi" she giggled as he held her against her locker, kissing her.

"Hey" he laughed, his lips only inches away from hers. "You feeling okay?" he asked and she nodded.

They still hadn't really talked about what happened at the hospital and nothing strange had happened since then.

"Beacon Hills royal couple has returned" Tristan laughed, his arm wrapped around Willow.

"What do you mean? You haven't been at school either?" Maddie asked Derek.

"No. Not while you weren't here" he said frowning as she looked at him like he was crazy. "You haven't been to school in two weeks?!" she said, nearly shouting.

"No, I didn't want to be here knowing you were in the hospital," he said. "So who the hells been doing our chemistry work?" she asked.

Derek only looked at her not knowing what to say. She scoffed at the look on his face. "Oh my god!" she said slamming her locker shut before turning to walk down the hall to Harris's class.

Derek was right behind her, hoping Harris would take her being in the hospital as a good excuse. If not he knew it was his ass on the line.

Maddie walked in and as she walked up to Harris's desk he held out a stack of papers for her. "All the work you have to make up for the past two weeks," he said.

"I was in the hospital" she seethed. "Shame. What's your excuse?" Harris asked, looking at Derek who stood behind her.

"Uh. I was um...well...she was um" he stuttered, not really having an excuse. Maddie groaned, snatching the papers from Harris before marching to her seat.

"Don't be mad," Derek said as he sat next to her.

"Derek. We have two weeks worth of chemistry homework to do. Which for Harris is basically two years' worth. I'm not mad, I'm livid. We're starting tonight" she said, turning to the assignment in front of them.

"Tonight?" he asked. "Yes. Tonight. My place right after practice. All this work is gonna take forever" she said, mixing chemicals together in the beaker in front of her.

"Uh, I can't tonight," he said slowly as she turned to him. Her grip on the beaker in front of her tightened. "Why not?" she asked. "It's a full moon," he said, lowering his voice.