9. winter formal

"It's going to be so romantic. He booked us a hotel room for the night" Willow said as she sat on Maddie's bed.

"What exactly is so romantic about a hotel?" Kate asked, setting down the curling iron she was using.

"It's romantic because we never get anytime alone. And it's a really nice hotel with room service" she said.

"Kate's just jealous because her and Grayson will just end up doing it somewhere not romantic at all. Like the back seat of his car" Maddie teased as she stepped out of the bathroom, her hair and makeup already done.

"There is nothing wrong with hot car sex. You and Derek do it all the time" Kate laughed. "Once. We did it once" she laughed, grabbing her dress that was hanging in her closet.

"What shoes did you get to go with it?" Willow asked as she looked at the red dress Maddie held. "Just some black pumps," she said, pulling on the dress,
Willow and Kate grabbing their own dresses.

After they got dressed there was a knock at her door. "Come in!" Maddie called out and her mom walked in. "You look amazing!" her mom gushed, grabbing her hands and making her spin around.

"Thank you" she laughed as she turned to see a man standing outside her door. "Who's this?" she asked.

"Oh um, this is Patrick. We met at work. We're having dinner tonight" her mom said. "Nice to meet you. Your mothers told me a lot about you" Patrick said, holding out his hand. Maddie only looked at his hand as the doorbell rang.

"That must be the boys," Kate said trying to avoid the new awkward situation and the three girls went downstairs

"That must be the boys," Kate said trying to avoid the new awkward situation and the three girls went downstairs. When they got down Lydia had opened the door and Derek, Tristan, and Grayson walked in.

Maddie smiled as she walked over to Derek who smiled as he pulled her into his arms. "You look beautiful," he said.

"Thank you. Nice tie" she said, a teasing tone in her voice. "Before you leave I need pictures!" Natalie shouted as she came downstairs.

Everyone happily turned around as she grabbed a camera from the table next to them. "Okay, get in close," she said as they all stood next to each other.

Derek had his arm wrapped around her, a smile on all of their faces. "Okay, Mom seriously we have to go," Maddie said after a round of pictures.

"Okay, okay. Have fun" she said as the group of teens walked out of the house and down to Tristan's truck.

"I forgot. I got you something" Derek said, pulling out a corsage from his pocket. "You got me a rose?" she asked, a soft smile on her face.

"It's your favorite and it matches your dress," he said, wrapping the corsage around her wrist. "I love it," she said, reaching up to place a kiss on his lips.

"You guys can make out at the dance! Let's go" Tristan shouted and Maddie and Derek laughed as they rushed over and hopped in the backseat.

When they got to the dance, dozens of cars lined the parking lot. "Alright, before we go in. A celebratory drink" Grayson said, pulling a flask from his pocket.