16. it gets worse

"I know how to throw a punch," Maddie said, tightening her ponytail. "Yeah. I heard. But punching werewolves is different than punching teenage girls" Laura said.

Derek enlisted Laura's help to train Maddie. He didn't want to hurt her, even if wasn't real. Plus, while she wearing a sports bra and yoga pants, he liked watching more anyways.

"What's the difference?" Maddie asked, throwing a punch that Laura easily caught and flipped her over on her back.

"A teenage girl is much less likey to do that," she said. Maddie groaned as Laura helped her up.

"Look, you've got a lot of built up rage. I can sense it. And that's good. You just have to learn how to use it" she said.

"What's the point if I have actual magic powers?" Maddie asked

"What's the point if I have actual magic powers?" Maddie asked. "Your power will only take you so far. Knowing how to fight isn't a bad skill to have. Especially in Beacon Hills" she said.

"Fine. Just please avoid my face. I don't heal like you do" she begged. Laura just laughed, getting into her fighting stance. "I'll try my best."

And for the next hour and a half, Laura taught Maddie everything she knew. But in the end, she still landed on her ass.

She groaned in pain as Derek helped her up. "You okay?" he asked. "No. I just got my ass handed to me by someone freakishly stronger than me" she said.

"It's okay. It's the first day. You'll get better" he said. "And if I don't? What if I end up having to wear this thing forever" she asked, waving her arm around.

"You won't. I promised you I'd help you remember" he said, his hand rubbing up and down her arms.

"What if I'm a lost cause?" she asked. "You're not a lost cause. Stubborn. But definitely not a lost cause" he said.

"I just hate this. I hate having all this power and feeling like I don't know what to do with it" she sighed, wrapping her arms around him and resting her head on his chest.

"Trust me. I know exactly how you feel. And you helped me. So I'm gonna help you. And we're gonna get through this together. Because you're not alone. Not while you have me."

⬳⬳⬳⬳⬳⬳

"What do you think about this one?" Willow asked, holding up a dress. "It's your anniversary Wills, show a little more skin," Maddie said.

"You're kidding? It's already strapless" Willow said. Maddie laughed and walked over to her closet pulling a dress from her closet.

"Try this one. It's backless too" she said, handing it to her. Willow took it and held it up to her body, looking at herself in the mirror.

"You think he'll like it?" she asked. "I think that he'll love it. You're gonna look amazing" Maddie said.

"Thanks. I'll make sure to give it back in once piece" Willow laughed knowing how serious Maddie was about sharing clothes.