Chapter 28

Evianna's POV

In a coma / flashback

It's been about three years now being in this cell and the beatings have gotten much worse. The rape started to occur more frequently and at this point only my body is present. My mind wanders somewhere else.

When they started seeing that I was no longer a threat, my mind started thinking of ways to escape. I know it will take years but it will be worth it. Hopefully I don't die in the process.

The pain increases. The scars and bruises all over my body proves it.

A seven year old should be running around the playground, playing with dolls, going to school and being loved by her family.

But what I'm getting are whips, cuts, bruises, suffocating, drowning, raped.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about my dead family. They were my life. They were the hope I was waiting for. But sadly it just never came.

Why couldn't I have died with them? Why did it have to be me?

I felt a tear running down my eyes that was wiped away by Ryan who was laying down next to me.

Throughout this whole time, he has been my rock and I have been his. We understood what the other was feeling and we felt the pain literally because we endured it together and were forced to watch it.

"Why are you crying, mon chéri," he asked softly.

(my darling)

In our freetime, we have been learning each other's native language, hence he's been teaching me French and I've been teaching him Italian. We're also picking up some German from hearing the guards talk outside the cell.

"I'm just thinking about the what if's. What it feels like if I was out in the world living like a normal child. What if my family was still alive. What if I died that day with them," I said while mumbling the last bit to myself in hopes of him not hearing but sadly he heard it.

"I get what you're feeling. Sometimes I wished that I had been there with my family instead of listening to my mum's advice to hide from the bad guys. But then after a while I understood that she just wanted to make sure I was safe. The pain is still there when I remember her but also all the good memories. I just relive those best memories when I feel down."

I listened intently at what he was saying. Ryan's family was killed by the Germans as well. His parents saw some things they shouldn't and Ryan became collateral damage.

"Do you think we will ever get out of here," I whispered, making Ryan hug me closer to him.

"One day we will. And when that day comes, we will make new memories together. I won't leave you alone. I can't." Ryan said sniffling.

"Promesse?," I asked him while taking my pinky out.

Smiling, he linked his pinky with mine, "promesse"

(promise)

We were woken up by a loud slam opening the door.

There they were, Sir and Master.

We were moving backwards to the corner but obviously it would not help us in any way. "Come here Gören," Sir said strictly but none of us made a move which only angered him more.

(brats)

Sir grabbed me while Master took Ryan. We were thrashing in their hold causing slaps to be received.