Chapter 30

Gabriel's POV

Rose.

It's been a year since I've seen her. A long one year.

I tried not to contact her to prevent any enemies from tracking her down but I couldn't help it. I miss her. I never wanted to leave her. That morning was the hardest thing I had to do.

Flashback.

We just finished having one of our date nights and it was perfect. We were cuddling with each other on my bed and talking about the little things. She was wearing one of my shirts and she was looking like a goddess. My beautiful queen.

She rested her head peacefully on my chest and I smiled softly at her cuteness. I admired her beauty once she fell asleep. I was playing with the strand of her hair and kissing her forehead. I never imagined that I would find something so amazing with her. For me she is it. She is the one that I will marry one day.

I know what I had to do but I didn't know if I could. She is my everything. She accepts me for who I am and has always been there for me. I found someone that I can fall deeply in love with. How am I supposed to just leave her?

My enemies, including the Germans, have come to know that the Spanish Mafia Don has a girl and they're trying to figure out who. Add along the threats I've been receiving just made it a lot harder. I need to distance myself from her so that she can be safe.

I know she can protect herself but I'm not taking the risk. I just hope that one day she'll forgive me for what I had to do.

Looking down at the living angel cuddling into me, I can't help but have butterflies. I found someone who appreciates me and tells me that I'm good enough. To know out of everyone who wants her, she still chooses me as I will always choose her.

Tucking her hair behind her ear and kissing her forehead one last time, I got out of bed slowly, not wanting to wake her up.

I'm holding the piece of paper that will change everything between Evie and I.

Mi amor,

You're probably waking up confused and I don't blame you. I'm sorry for leaving you like this. I had no other choice. I'm doing this to protect you and my family. There are people threatening your life and I want you to always be safe. I'm sorry for not saying this to you face to face because I know if I looked into your eyes, I wouldn't be able to continue. I want you to know that I'm not breaking up with you. I could never do that. I'm too utterly in love with you Evianna Rose. but at the same time I know, you deserve everything. I'm leaving you this ring. I promise that one day I'll make you my wife. By the time we meet again and you're still wearing the ring, I'll know that you are still mine as I will always be yours. I'll respect any decision you'll make but I do hope that you will still be mine when the time comes. te amo mi amor.

- G.A

I took out the ring I bought for her and placed it next to the letter I wrote. I looked at her one last time and with a heavy heart, I left the room.

One day you will understand mi amor.

(my love)

Flashback over

If you ask me that could be one of the stupidest things I've done but I would do anything to ensure her safety. I might get kicked in the balls when I see her tho.

I'm scared. I'm afraid that she wouldn't forgive me for leaving her like that. I had to do it, for her and my family's safety.

I'm hoping she will forgive me, give me another chance. That she'll realise I had to leave her with a goodbye note because if I didn't, I knew I would have stayed.