Chapter 45

Evianna's POV

After making sure Alex was safe and sound I made a beeline to my room. I just needed a minute. I know I look fine but my mind is playing tricks on me. Out of the corner of my eye I could see some of my family talking to each other but I couldn't talk to them. Not right now.

You made Alex get shot.

You made your family get into a hostage situation.

It's always your fault.

I entered my room and went straight into the bathroom. I looked at myself through the mirror and I was gripping the counter so hard that I could see it was turning white.

They don't want you.

You're hurting all of them.

It's just a matter of time.

"Shut up, shut up," I muttered out. I kept repeating it when the voices kept chanting things to me. It's hard to not think like that when there's truth in those voices.

I was so focused trying to control everything that I flinched when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I didn't realise anyone even entered my room in the first place. I looked at the mirror to see Gabriel looking at me worried which made me more frustrated because at this point I just wanted to be alone.

"Evie," he said softly and I could hear the brokenness in it, making me feel guilty at our conversation we had earlier. I closed my eyes shut to calm down and made sure to not say anything I will regret. He was just trying to protect you Evianna.

But I'm disappointed in him for not saying a word.

"Talk to me Rose. Scream at me. Hit me. Just don't hate me. Please," he whispered, walking up to me, making me turn around and open my eyes to look at those eyes I've fallen in love with.

I did the one thing I've always wanted to do. Punch him in the stomach, making Gabe hunched forward, holding his stomach and groaning. Feeling better I let out a small smile as he stood back up straight at me with his eyes wide and nodding a little once he got his composure back, "I deserve that," he said.

Sighing, "I don't think I could ever hate you Gabriel," I whispered before leaning my forehead on his chest and sighed in content when he wrapped my body with his arms.

"I'm so fucking sorry. I thought doing all that was to protect you but I didn't realise how it could have affected everyone. You deserved to know even if it was bad," he said as he put his chin on my head making me wrap my arms around him hesitantly.

"I forgive you Gabe. I really do. But it hurts. I'm disappointed in you. Do you realise how we could've ended this sooner if we worked together. Ryan, Gio, Ana and I know more about them than anyone. I could've ended this nightmare earlier," I explained and it got quieter at the end but I knew it was loud enough for him to hear it.

"Amor," he whispered and cupped my head in his hands so that we were both looking at each other. "I would do anything for you. For you to forgive me. My love for you is indescribable. It has grown every day and I don't want it to ever stop. I'm all yours Rose, forever. Please, don't walk away from me. Per favore amore mio," his voice cracked at the end and I can see his eyes glossy.

(please my love)

I put my hand on his cheek where he leaned into it and closed his eyes and I saw a teardrop. Gabriel Adam Gonzalez, the devil, the Spanish mafia don, cried for me. The broken girl that was ripped away from her family at a young age and is still haunted from her nightmares.