Chapter 53

Evianna's POV

I looked around to see all of my family standing straight, tense, angry, looking at the knife that was pointed at me. The remaining German soldiers were standing near their leader with a smirk, knowing that they had them at their hold now. Do they think I can't get out of this myself?

I almost scoffed at the thought but held it in so that Karl wouldn't tighten his hold on me. I see Kaia in Atlas' hold who was looking away from everything but Atlas was standing in the corner, contemplating whether he should leave or stay.

I softened my gaze towards him so that he understands that I won't be mad. He should go bring Kaia to a safer place. "Go," I mouthed him with a small smile which made his face turn into hesitation and frustration. "For Kaia," I mouthed again and looked at the little girl holding him so that he understood the severity.

He sighed and nodded hesitantly, "I'll see you soon," he mouthed making me nod a bit but I think Karl thought I was trying to move away from his hold so he pulled my head back so that it was laying on his shoulder.

"Stop moving Süßes Mädchen," he sneered at my ear before pecking it, making me shudder in disgust.

(sweet girl)

"Get your filthy lips and hands off of her," Ryan shouted and I could see the grip on his gun tighten.

"Ah, Ryan, my boy. It's been a long time since I've seen your mouth do wonders," he says chuckling, making me clench my fist.

"You say one more word about him and I'll do worse than carve your body with my knives," I said as I tried to elbow him so that his grip loosen but he just brought the knife closer to my neck so that I could feel the coldness of the blade.

"We don't want that now do we? Just wait till I have my prints on you," he said as he twirled a piece of my hair with his fingers. I scoffed at his delusional thoughts, making him look at me amused.

Before he could add any stupid remarks that might cause me to snap at him right then and there, Gabe spoke, "What do you really need? Why can't you just let her be?," Gabe asked, trying to at least get a sense of this whole situation. Distraction.

"I need a queen of course. No one can live up to my expectations besides little Evie. She became mine when she was four and she'll become mine until I die. She'll rule by my side once we become on top of everyone and carry my heir," he said with a smile before turning serious and looking directly at Gabe who was clenching his jaw. My brothers were fuming and I can see my friends killing some of the Germans quietly making me smirk internally. Smart assholes.

"And no one is going to stop me. Not you, not the Italians, not the Greeks, no one," he said as he loosened his grip unconsciously, making me make my move. I saw Shah holding a knocked out Ben that had ropes around him and bruises on his face while Karl was talking about him needing a queen. All I have to do is take this bastard now that I know his brother is already in our hands.

I looked at Gabe who was staring at me with so much intensity that almost made me melt right then and there. I just winked at him before I back kicked Karl's knee while holding his hand with the knife in and pushing it upwards so it wouldn't stab me. The knife cut my hand a little since I was holding it near the blade and handle but it didn't matter at that point.

It took Karl off guard since he wasn't expecting me to make a move which only made everything better. I smirked at his shocked face as I twisted his arm behind his back as I forced him to kneel and took my knife and held it against his neck.

"Not so nice now am I right?," I asked with a chuckle as he grunted. I heard gunshots around me but my focus was on this bastard kneeling in front of me. The man who decided to take everything from me since I was a little girl. I wanted to kill him right then and there but I know he doesn't deserve a quick death.