Chapter 54

Evianna's POV

My body surprisingly doesn't feel that much pain but I know it's because of the drugs in my body and my immune system that has been altered. I tried opening my eyes but immediately regretted it when I was greeted by the bright light. I squinted my eyes and saw an IV connected to my arm and I could see a bandage around my thigh.

I looked down and I saw that someone had changed me, making me close my eyes in frustration. Someone saw the condition of my body.

I heard shuffling and when I looked up I saw Ryan standing in front of the bed, looking at me with his hands in his pockets with a straight face. If I didn't know him enough, I would say that he wants to murder me right now but I could see the relief and pain that was flickering from time to time in his eyes.

There was no one else beside Ryan in the room and I assumed the rest were resting from the chaotic event that took place today. Or yesterday. Depends on how long I've been out.

We were just staring at each other until Ryan started gripping the front of the bed tightly. "You shouldn't have done that, Evie," he stated as I just looked at him. I know he needs to vent it out so I'll just wait until he finishes.

"You shouldn't-," he said again with a cracked voice before closing his eyes. "Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you let me come with you? Why Evie? Why did you have to do it alone?," he asks as tears started falling down his cheeks as I could feel my own flowing down.

"You and I both know they wanted me the most. If they take you, they'll see you as collateral and might even kill you. I couldn't let that happen so if me being there alone will make you survive then I'll do it again in a heartbeat," I replied and I can see the anger blazing in his eyes.

"But what about you?," he raised his voice. "You got hurt and I wasn't there to comfort you. I know what they do to you Evie. I've seen it, hell even experienced it first hand. If they did what I think they did then I'm also hurting. I might not experience it recently but I can damn sure know how it feels like and it's messing with my mind to think you had to do it alone," he stresses while pulling on his hair in frustration.

He looked me in the eye, "and I wasn't there to help you. I couldn't even hug you and tell you that everything is going to be alright. I broke my promise Evie," he choked on a sob. I open my arms for him to hug me and that settles it for him.

He hid his head in the crook of my neck while wrapping his arms around me tightly, making sure I won't leave him anymore. I could feel his tears hitting my neck while I comforted him by rubbing his back with my hands.

"For almost a month, I kept thinking of what you were going through and it just brought back so many memories," he said with a sniffle, making me close my eyes in pain.

I've been so stuck into this plan that I forgot he will obviously understand me the most. He can imagine it, feel it and see it in his mind what I went through and it's not a pretty image. Do Gio and Ana feel the same? Did I just bring their flashbacks back?

I played with his hair, "I'm so so sorry, Ryan. I'm sorry that it hurt you and I couldn't imagine what you felt like having your mind playing all these things for you. But I need you to know Ryan, I don't regret it. You can be mad and scream at me all you want but if the end result is this, finally ending this for everyone then I wouldn't trade it," I said as he lifted his head to look at me and I can already tell he wants to know what happened so I just gave him a small smile.

"Sure, it hurts. We've been through worse. In the past few weeks, they hurt me again and again but knowing I had people that loved me waiting for me, finding me, I powered through. That's how I survive and I'm glad we can finally end their lives," I said as he wiped a tear that I didn't realise fell out.