Chapter 31

Gabriel's POV

As soon as I reached the airport, I saw my car that I told my men to send to the hangar. I needed to drive there. It gives me some control and peace when I get to drive.

Driving to the hospital was the longest twenty minutes of my life. I still don't know if she's alive. If she's doing well. Please let her be alive and healthy.

Arriving at the hospital, I went up straight to the counter, "Where the fuck is she," I voiced out making the nurse look at me scared. I don't really care, I just needed to see my Rose.

"Sir, you can't go in there. Onl-," I cut her off. "Like hell I can't go in there, I need to see her," my voice getting louder.

"Gabe!," I heard someone yell out to see my brother, Sam. I gave a glare to the nurse before going towards Sam. "Where is she? Is she alright?," I asked quickly while Sam led us up to her room.

"She's fine but she's in a coma. They don't know when she will wake up," he said and I guess he saw that I was getting impatient so he pointed the way towards her room.

I took off without bothering to see if he was following. I opened the door and looked around, I saw my family, the Kastellanos and some family I don't recognise but I can't even process it. That's when I landed my eyes on her.

"Rose," I whispered.

Third Person's POV

Everyone was looking at the distraught man carefully, especially the Romanos. They were looking at how gentle the man was moving towards their sister and daughter that it shocked them.

The Romano brothers were curious to see who the man was to Evie since he was looking at her in adoration.

Gabriel went up to where her body was connected to the machines and sat on the bed where she was laying. He stroked her cheek and hair lovingly that made the Romanos suspicious. He wasn't acting like how the Kastellanos and Gonzelez were.

He even had tears brimming to fall out but he forced them not to fall. After all, he was in a room with people he doesn't know and he is still the feared mafia don.

Gabriel kissed her forehead and stood up to meet his father. His father and mother were already looking at him softly knowing how he was hurting to see Evie like this.

"ay, mi hijo," Lidia said and gave him a hug which he returned.

(oh, my son)

Rafael was looking at his son who was hurting. He knew how he was feeling because he knew how hard it was for Gabriel to leave her in the first place.

"She'll be alright, hijo," Rafael said with a hand on Gabriel's shoulder giving him some comfort.

Gabriel looked towards the Kastellanos and greeted them. "Thank you for telling me, uncle," he said to Milo who nodded at him. "You deserved to know," he told him softly.

Gabriel looked towards the random people in the room with confusion which Rafael saw. "Son, these are the Romanos, the Italian mafia. Romanos, this is my son and the don, Gabriel Gonzalez," Rafael introduced them, making them shake each others hand.

"Why is the Italian Mafia here," Gabriel looked towards his father questioningly.

"We're Evie's family," Antonio said, making Gabriel snap his head towards them so fast.

"Family? I thought her biological family died. Her biological family is the Italian Mafia?," Gabriel asked, shocked.

The Romanos had a sad face remembering that their daughter thought they died making Gabriel feel a bit guilty that he brought it up.