Letters

Romano's letter

Dear family,

I know we haven't spent as much time together as we all wanted but in these few months that I've reunited with everyone, I have been the happiest. We've talked more, reconnected again and be a complete family. You all knew what the feeling was when we all thought each other died in that fire. Although being captured by the Germans for years, living knowing all of you were dead was harder.

I'll be honest, I almost ended everything because I missed you guys but I knew it wasn't what you all wanted. So I lived, survived and went through everything until I finally got to meet everyone again. And for the first time after years, I thanked whoever is up there for not pushing me to end everything. I wouldn't have met everyone if I did.

Mum and dad, thank you for bringing me into the world. I have loved you ever since I knew what love was. You're my rock, my everything. The foundation of who I am today. Everything I do, I always have you in mind. I can't wait to gossip with you again mum and I can't wait to ride that bike with you dad. I love you and I'll see you soon.

Zeke, my oldest brother. You work too hard and I know it all started when I got taken. Please, take a step back and enjoy living your life. You know I love you but please for everyone's sake, find someone and make me an aunt. Never stop being you, because under all of the hard exterior, you're still the best brother anyone could ask for and I know the others agree too. I'll see you soon fratello.

Tony, my sweet, doctor brother. I'm proud of everything you achieve to become a doctor. I've also seen those bags under your eyes since you constantly work in the hospital. I know you like saving lives but I want you to save yours too. I'll be waiting for the day you teach me how to make those delicious cinnamon rolls. I love you and I'll see you soon fratello.

Elias, my goofball brother. Always have that smile on your face. Don't keep your feelings inside, let it out. You deserved to be heard instead of just listening. Keep playing that guitar for me and when I'm back, we'll have a whole karaoke session. Maybe some pranks too. I love you fratello and I'll see you soon.

Ethan, my protector brother. I have a feeling you might be on a rampage or just snapping everyone around you but for everyone's sake I hope not. I love you fratello and you never seem to amazed me in the ways you try to make sure I'm safe. I know I might not be right now, but I assure you with all the knife skills that I got, I'll be fine. Just keep looking at the stelle I'll see you soon my big bad Ethan. (stars)

Ezra, my geeky brother. Make sure our brothers don't kill themselves from all the exhaustion and stress. I know you'll be there for them as much as you were there for me. You're my reading buddy and I'm excited to hear you tell me about the new book you're reading. I love you and I'll see you soon fratello.

Alex, my basically twin brother. Seeing you in the corridor that day was the happiest day of my life. Everything frozen in me melted away and hope was replaced. Keep wearing that necklace for me and make sure Ryan's okay. I know that you struggle with your feelings but he'll be there to help you and your orsa too once I'm back. I love you and I'll see you soon fratello. (bear)

Emilio, my little brother. You might not understand the extent of what's going on but when I get back, I'll play every toy you have with you. Keep pranking Elias for me buddy. Sissy loves you and I'll see you soon.

I'll be seeing you guys again very soon. I know for a fact that I will. I'm giving this a month. A month till I turn eighteen. A little birdie told me that the Germans were going to make me marry Karl the day after my birthday. I'll be getting out by then or maybe sooner and if you find me earlier, then we can celebrate earlier. Don't blame yourselves, trust the process.