Pitter-patter and Deliciousness!! 💘

Narrator's POV

If parting with your classmates had to be a drama written by the dead body of Shakespear himself....this would be it, folks. 

The four of them walking quietly parting ways was the fruition of something so freaking normal that it will blow the socks off your smelly feet. 

But for that, we will have to go back in time. 

Flashback

The pitter-patter of rains brought utter distraught to the 4 hopeful lads...well 3. The fourth one, I can't really tell with his bland expressions. 

"This is quite unfortunate huh, Ayanokouji, what were you doing there, picking up pamphlets from the shops while we were walking...Did you need something?" Hinokuchi asked me.

She was right to ask that question because he had been swiping all of them left and right while the other three were chatting!

"Oh, that? I was keeping a mental note of the prices of the groceries I will be needing today."

He is doing what??

"So, just going cheapskate are we?"Hayasaka questioned

"Not exactly, I keep the track of unit prices and volumes written in the fine print. So I keep a check on the quality as well."

"You mean to say, you are actually  keeping track of the prices by units and not simply buying what's cheap....umm?" Hayasaka was clearly surprised. 

He simply nodded and went back to the pamphlets.

As she is the head butler of the Shinomiya household, it is of no surprise that she has to cater to the food department and manage it, so that, only the most premium and top quality food gets in the entitled stomachs of the family. 

While most of her time goes by lecturing other chefs and maids to keep the cost in check and also the quality, after all, she had to explain the budget usage to the authorities.  She was pleasantly surprised.

"It seems you have taken shrinkflation into account."She whispered under her breath.

Sooo, shrinkflation is the wicked tactic used by many companies, to get more profits. How so?

It's simple, have you ever noticed that the chips packets you are eating are getting lesser and lesser chips than in the 1990's or so, even when you are paying the same exact price?

Well, OF COURSE, YOU HAVEN'T!!! You weren't born back then! 

Companies are slowly removing bit by bit or changing the designs to make the containers smaller slightly so the oh so naive customer gets less bang for their buck!!