Every corner is dark 💘

Hayasaka's POV

"Hayasaka, are you sure this top will be casual enough?" Lady Kaguya exclaimed as she frantically switched between a mountain of clothing to go on this outing. Unfortunately, luck wasn't on her side as she switched from dress to dress from the modest black gown to the pyjamas she wore last night. She thought at one point about just choosing the school uniform...but I managed to avert that calamity not out of humanity but rather out of vanity.

Oh, that rhymed.

From yesterday till today, the plans have been going like a cascade of falling dominos. It looks charming almost and a bit too perfect. It was probably my paranoia. I spoke, "Looks just lovely Lady Kaguya. The gentle blue contrasts well with the red matte lipstick and the dark black hair you possess." She thought about the blue top with the baggy sleeves and a top bow-like knot embracing her and gave a smile.

She nodded, "This is the one! Now it's your turn! Oh, I just have the perfect dress for you. I picked it out for you yesterday." And saying so, in about 10 minutes I was ready in a black top with sleeves going about three-quarters of my pale hands and was given high cut black shorts to match with it.

It didn't look bad, in fact it seemed to be quite perfect for such an occasion, "Lady Kaguya, this is quite befitting. But can I ask something?" She nodded as I asked, "If you found such a pair for me then why did it take so long for you to decide on your own dress." I could see the slight embarrassment she had on her face. But she simply shrugged and replied, "It's called, having too many choices...now let's hurry up or we will be late."

With this, we finally got in the car and rushed to the venue which Lady Kaguya 'borrowed' from the President's notepad when he according to her was 'so cute that he cared for his fellow committee members when it, in reality, it was nothing but a concoction of social anxiety and perfectionist nature of the Student Council president.

The car stopped a few feet away from the mall entrance as I left the car and watched as the fumes of the car's exhaust passed me leaving me in the dark street with the street light forming a shadow down my face, as if I was a villain in a light novel.

The time ticked 7 pm as the streets were buzzing with activity but that specific street had a different aura. If I had to pinpoint, there were unwanted gazes at my bare legs. In this heat ironically my legs felt a slight shiver as those gazes were focused on me.

If I wanted I could very well take 2 of them down...3 would be a stretch...but all 10 pairs of eyes, would be impossible after all, this is reality and not an anime. I looked around to find only those gazes. I turned my head and fastened my footsteps. The voices then started echoing.

'Hey babe, where are you going? Why don't you catch a ride with me.'

'Hey hey, respect her. She is your future sister-in-law dumbass.'

'Shut up shitheads. Let me focus on that shirt of hers. Gosh, it looks ravishing.'

'Don't say such stuff. Hey darling, come with me, I will treat you better than these freaks.'

'Hah, you mean you are gonna treat her in your room. Haha, I don't think would mind if I joined too.'

While they didn't affect my stoic face. The odds were certainly stacked against me. If I did fight, there was a chance the school would come to know about it afterwards. Not just that, if I did call anyone, they would lunge at me thinking it was the police. With a side-eye glance, I noticed...metal knuckles at 9 o clock and knifes at 12 o clock and 6 o clock.