Door to Hayasaka 💘

╔═════ °• ♕ •° ═════╗

The light-hearted conversations with him over text echoed in my ears as I carried out my chores the next day. I never expected to be in the thoughts of another person, who would consider me as their friend despite my countless flaws. He knew about me and not the one with the bright smile that lightened up a stranger's mood. 

Click

A mellow sound followed by the door to my room opening led me to conclude it was another emergency. I sighed, as I began my day with a complete obliteration of my schedule. It is always hectic, so it wasn't too much of a bother to help Kaguya with her ignorance towards basic social cues, like right now. She doesn't even know how to reply to Shirogane's sister inviting her again. 

After that visit, the troubles didn't leave me as I had to then rush and complete all the duties I had been assigned. While completing them, would put me back on schedule but it wasn't in my fate. I had built up this reputation that chained me to the fate of perfection rather than completion. I hadn't done a single mistake in my 3 years of working for the Shinomiya Household and I certainly don't plan on messing up because of small issues like this. 

As predicted, my timing was off by 10 minutes but there was no need to fret over it. I sprinted towards the end of the street as I felt slightly out of breath and regained my earlier composure. I glanced at my watch and noted the time as I let out a sigh of relief. As I peered at the road and around me all I felt was a sense of discomfort as the screeching and honking of cars at the traffic along with the hundreds of footsteps pushed and shoved in the busy footpath. 

I silently accepted it as I walked silently and felt a gentle tap at the back of my shoulder. Thinking it was just someone shoving past me, I paid no heed to it and kept walking till the reached the crossing. The cars rushed past me as I stood there waiting patiently for the signal to turn green. I stood there silently as  I caught of a glance of a brown haired boy in the crowd with a calm and bland expression etching his face.I without doubt went up to him and said, "Good morning Ayanokouji." He glanced at me and turned around as he said, "Good morning Hayasaka. I suppose we are late." His apathetic voice was something that brought a different sense to his words but it was something I was used to. 

I walked beside him as we crossed the road and went to the school. I decided to ask, "Hey, did you do anything with Lady Shinomiya for her to apologise to me?" This thought had been running miles through my head as he stared at me for a moment as he said, "No further conversations were made but it was nice to see you two getting along." 

"Yes, but it was also not like her to act like that. I apologise on her behalf for that day." I looked at him with a crooked smile as I tried my best to pull my facial muscles genuinely.  He tilted his head as he said, "Why are you apologising for such an old incident? Instead, I should thank you for the assistance you provided this day." I nodded as I couldn't say much. Why was I being like this? Considering this was my first time trying to help someone without having a payment in return or of my own volition, that could be a cause. I was appreciative of the fact that my words had helped him after asking me something so odd at such an odd hour. Who in their right mind thinks about groceries at 2 in the morning?