Was this a win? 💘

(A/N: I just had to learn cooking all over again for this chapter, hope it was worth it. Oh and this might be useful to all the home cooks and hungry late-nighters out there. Pay close attention.)

Chef Kojiro's POV

"Co*ky are we?I will let your food do the talking, if it can't I will silence you and your teammate up." My voice was sharp as my blade. Straight to the point, cruel? I don't care.

To show a glimpse of students' cut-throat competition in the cooking world. The stark contrast to the well-known fields like doctors or engineers and civil services where competition barely scratch the hell the chefs of this world have to face. After all, they don't have a specific exam and the seats are already sparse, weeding out all above-average and only nurturing geniuses of this craft. I am ready to be the devil himself, to rip open the truth of my craft.

That boy with the black coat put his fingers right to that girl's lips a centimetre away from touching it and taking up a spoon with his other, ushered me to take a bite, as he accepted my challenge head-on. I glared at him as I do with all the new fodder, all of them, shiver in my sight. After all, they lack confidence in their food. And if you lose confidence in your creation, it's trash not worth trying. Again, another one of his nonchalant gazes shot back at me, fair enough.

Confidence is a check.

He lifted the lid of the tray, and it was all empty, except a small sandwich in the middle of it. Is that all they have? I decided to ask,"Did you both create different phases of the dish?"This time the girl spoke up ignoring the gesture the boy did to her a moment ago,"Sir this is the only dish we have.Is there a problem? I apologise if so, he is almost completely inexperienced and I dabble only in the basics."

Minimalistic are we? Very well then. I looked at them one last time and at the dish. All of them had one thing common in them, it all looked so average.

I spread the buns glistening brown under the light above. A perfectly buttered, pretty smart way to enhance the taste of a regular dish. It revealed a......perfectly shaped poached egg.

My eyebrows scrunched in disbelief as my eyes immediately shot up to them, as I looked at them with a questioning gaze," Are you both from high-end well-off families or have visited any of the top end hotels?"

"No."

Came a voice from an expression blander than an overcooked yolk. And next came a voice with a gasp glancing at me, "Well, I might have.....Ayanokouji I will tell you later okie?"

He nodded as they turned back at me.

Moving on, I find it intriguing, I suppose, he could have learnt the skillsets from videos and such. But to be able to cast out this upon the first try.....that's not utterly terrible. After all, eggs are the metric system to judge good chefs from bad ones, since they are easily distinguishable.