A smile behind the cynical💘

=========♔=========

Silence is often a virtue yet at moments, it's a vicious curse. especially when the girl whom you have bought on a meetup where you are expected to be the man and start up the conversation instead of making things incredibly awkward for both parties, I was truly an utter social reject. Hayasaka was sitting in front of me in her school uniform with the coat fastened to her hip as she looked at me with her crystal blue eyes in curiosity and slight annoyance as she took the lead with a joking tone in her honey-laced voice. 

"Why are you silent!? HELLOOO???Y'know it's really rude that you bought me here and all and now you go all quiet on me,hmph." A flick of fingers on my forehead and a pout had put me in a tight spot. 

"Weren't you the one who decided that it would be a great idea to drink coffee at 4 pm in the afternoon?" I broke my silence as the slightly glistening fingers of Hayasaka tapped the caramel machiato she ordered. 

"W-Well come on,I didn't think that much. Give me a break will ya! I am only free now, at night when Shinomiya returns home from council , it's another hell night at work! So try to be more considerate mister Overanalysing-Kouji." She smirked as she gave grounded logic in her ditzy voice and then adding on a very bad nickname to increase the efficacy of the blow.

"What's up with you and nicknames?" I asked while sipping on my black coffee as it's bitterness neutralised the sweet fakeness Hayasaka had projected at me. She tapped my hand as she said, "Hmm, maybe just another layer of my persona. But Ayanokouji, do say, does it remind you of your past instances~ come on...spill the tea. I promised to stay sush about it~"

Her grin widened as she tried to suck out information but unfortunately it was a bad day for her. I simply shrugged as I said, "Nothing such, I simply thought it was somewhat cute."

"C-Cute...hmm, yah I guess boys do like such things. Ugh hey, do you mind if I drop the act, the cafe has lesser people now." Her voice went from a sweet frilly tone to a dense unbothered one in a second, she would give Kushida a run for her money. I nodded to her question as she slouched ever so slightly from her feminine posture and remove the clip from her hair letting down her golden locks. 

"Do you use a lot of hair products or is that all natural?" I was curious as the Whiteroom generally never had anything other than shampoo or conditioner around. I had often seen females of my class having a set of their so-called hair care routine with about 4-5 products compared to boys who usually used all-in-one products. 

"Oh hmm, I suppose it's simply conditioner and such but unfortunately I might get grey hair soon considering I am at the beckoning of a lovestruck dense rock." She commented as she twirled the ends of her golden locks with a slight curve of her lips. Even the real Hayasaka seems to like the fact that I had asked her that. 

Growl

That set off a small blush dusting her face causing her to sip on her drink turning her head sideways, probably embarrassed. This was expected as just a drink wasn't either healthy nor nutritious enough to last her the whole night until she had dinner, however I didn't expect Hayasaka's original self to be this expressive. Was she faking even this? That's improbable as I think she realises I can see through her disguise quite well but if it's her real self what's her personality really like? I suppose for now I can classify it as someone who just doesn't find many things worth changing her expression for but situations which are either unexpected or hold special regard for her, do tend to entice an adorable reaction.