Crack the Shell 💘

Ayanokouji's POV

Right now, I am lying here gazing at the night sky with a blonde-haired beauty as the brightly coloured dark sky echoes just one chant in my head, "Is this what true peace is like?"

I closed my eyes as our breath collided in a magical symphony perfectly in sync with the orchestra of the waves of the beach to the sound of distant crickets. I started reminiscing back to the point this day started from a simple letter from that knowingly unknown sender.

~.~Flashback~.~

It was 2 am in the morning and the night was pitch black, unlike my well-lit room. I had just finished checking off my bills for this month. I had already saved up enough for emergencies and the rest was being splurged on the ever-inflating cost of basic amenities such as electricity rent and water. Buying food was hectic as well, I wonder if Hayasaka could assist me with that? After all, she was a maid at the Shinomiya household.

I took my phone out of charge as I turned off read receipts and texted her,

{2:10AM} How to manage money?

I left my phone and went back to a book I had been reading sometimes for the past couple of days and surely so, a small hum buzzed on my phone as it lit up showing her message

{2:18AM} Hayasaka: Sorry Google doesn't work this late at night.

What did she mean by that? I looked a bit down, to find that she was still typing something.

{2:18AM} Hayasaka: But if greeted properly, maybe Ai Hayasaka can assist you.

I understood the indirect hit to my social score as I texted properly

{2:19AM} I apologise, I would rather talk to Hayasaka. I was wondering how to reduce the bill of food I buy.

{2:19 AM} Hayasaka: Considering you already are well aware of the inflation rates, you check the MRP mentioned during our ramen gathering. I would say, buy raw food and learn to cook properly which I presume won't that too much time.

Given that the other day, my cooking was worthy of being taken into a cooking speciality academy as well as the ramen day hence she had suggested me this. Doesn't that mean, she allocated our time together to a specific part of her memory? Hmm, does it further imply that we have gotten closer? There is also the fact, that she is showing her emotionless true self to me. There is also the possibility that she just has a very good memory. For now, I simply don't have conclusive information.

{2:19 AM} I am quite inept at cooking considering I just copy recipes. But you are right that could come in use, can you consider naming some recipes which need fewer ingredients?

The clock ticked away with the hums of the phone as the wings of time flew out of grasp into the rays of the next day hitting my face through the blinds of the curtains I thought I had closed. I wrote off the last text before ending the conversation and letting my eyes shut down in deep slumber.