Let the Game Begin! 💘

Hayasaka's POV

Well, that was unexpected. I didn't realise that Ayanokouji's golden eyes had already caught hold of me. Indeed quite strange, in my 10 years as a butler for the Shinomiya household, never was I caught when I tried to gather intel.

Though right now, I am in a real mess. Hearing Shinomiya talk about me like that, in such a controlling manner did skew my previous perspective that she didn't care about me. But it wasn't all so well. After all, her controlling nature did produce a sense of discomfort.

Sigh, from the day Ayanokouji came, it was honestly annoying how extremely devoted she was in order to get information on him. It was quite bothersome, for me to continue tailing him. The amount of failed attempts and the fun time that he let me have, furthermore added to that strange guilt I had residing in me.

Unfortunately, such emotions had no space in my work.

If he could see me now, does that imply, that every time I tried to gather intel on him was simply washed away in vain? Oh god, I need a break. I walked into the cafe while waving my hand at the waiter speaking, "A cold coffee, please. Extra chocolate." I sat down with my head resting on my chin, as I tilted my head to try and wrap the concept of this boy around my head.

He comes out of nowhere, is able to catch every action of mine like it was laid out in the open. Not just that he also was able to uncover Shinomiya's true nature to me in a jiffy. What was his purpose? I wonder.

He is an anomaly and probably Shinomiya is right about him. But all of it is just probability, not certainty. Hence I can't exactly latch onto such weak thresholds. Rather I have to know more about him, from his own mouth.

I need information, in order to be normal with him. After all, which friend only talks to know their secrets?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile in another city,

"Kushida-chan!! Do you need a Handkerchief? Did you catch a cold?" A random simp spoke.

Who is this brat that's remembering me? Sigh f*ck you ANHS

"Nono, I don't need it." I would rather shove it down your throat "I simply got a light allergy"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Ayanokouji, why did you do that? If you caught me, why not reveal me to her?" I asked as I started sipping on my coffee waiting for a response. He sighed and gave me a glum look and spoke, "I didn't want my friend to be upset. Weren't you at odds with Shinomiya, so I cleared her point of view to you? She simply cares deeply about you."

"Isn't what she doing, called controlling?" I questioned his optimistic view on this rather serious situation. He sighed as he explained his thoughts out loud, "If she controlled you, she would directly force you to stop talking to me. She didn't do that, she simply expressed her wariness toward me. Though she blackmailed me, she didn't try to control you nor did she try to stop you from meeting me in any drastic way.