Chapter 26 - Why did you leave?

Author's PoV

He suddenly stopped in front of the first step as something glimmered on it. It was her necklace. The broken heart that beared his name left by another broken heart. He took it in his hand and looked towards the sea, panting for air.
Tae: "y/n!"
He screamed running down the stairs into the water as pouring rain bathed his half naked body.
The lights of the villa only helped him to see little further from the stairs. The deeper unsettled sea was cloaked in darkness.
Tae: "Y/n ahhhhh"
He screamed in pain again looking around.
Just the crashing waves and the raindrops greeted him back.
Tae: "Y/n ahhhh...y/n ahhh..."
He wailed again, not knowing what to do.

Tae: "y/n ahhhhhhh..."
He screamed again gathering his strength.
It was almost like the sky had heard him. Two continuous flashes of lightening lit the sea around him in bright white light for just for a fraction of seconds. Then he saw her, slowly stumbling into deep water fighting against the currents. The water was almost up to her waist.
Tae: "y/n.... stooop!"
He screamed running towards her. A loud thunder rumbled again calling on his behalf.
Walking against the dashing sea wasn't easy for him but he persevered. When the depth of the water was enough, he started to swim.
Two servants heard his screams and came running down the stairs.
Tae: "Y/n...stop...don't do this..."
He yelled as he swam towards her desperately.
She heard him and paused but didn't turn around to look at him. She knew his face will make her weak. He continued to stroke through the water as fast as he could. She couldn't face him, the pain of leaving him was unbearable. Yet, the pain of breaking her most cherished promise was killing her inside. She carried on submerging herself deeper and deeper.

Just before the water reached her shoulders, his arms wrapped around her stomach and pulled her backwards. He came out of the water gasping for air.

Wiping the water off his face, he pulled her against his body and held her tight.
Tae: "Are you crazy?"
He growled on her face panting.
She sobbed looking at him. Her tears demolished his frustration he hugged her tightly.

Tae: "Why did you do this
y/n ahhh...?"
He asked sadly.
Y/n: "I don't know what else to do. I don't want to leave you but I'm not able to forget him either."
She continued to sob clinging onto him. Tears fell from his eyes, but the pouring rain masked them.
"Master V..."
The two servants called out, swimming towards them.
Servant: "Master V...we should go, the tides are rising. It's dangerous, please."
They both pulled them towards the shore. He lifted her in his arms and carried her out of the water.

Y/n's PoV

The maid wrapped the blanket around me as I sat shivering with my damp hair. She slowly combed my hair and started the blow drier to dry it.
V came out of the bathroom in his dry clothes and stood watching me. I didn't look at him and kept my head down. I didn't want to him see my tears also I had no strength to face him. I felt guilty, for trying to take myself away from him after giving him the hope of love.

The maid finished her job and left the room.
We both didn't move from our positions for few minutes. The silence was making the atmosphere more intense. Eventually, I saw his feet moving towards me but I sat still. He sat next to me on the bed and brought the necklace towards my neck.
I quietly cried as he secured it around my neck.
V: "Don't ever take it off again..."
cupping my cheeks in his hands, he slowly lifted my face up and kissed on my forehead.
Y/n: "I feel like I don't deserve it anymore..."
I whimpered holding it in my hand.
V: "It's yours. It always belongs to you, doesn't it?"
I grabbed his shirt...
Y/n: "Why are you being like this? Why can't you be that monster I hated?"
I cried pulling his shirt.
V: "Because you taught this monster how to love."
He smiled with teared up eyes as he answered softly, caressing one side of my cheek.
Y/n: "Nooo...stop. Stop doing this to me. Please...just make me hate you. Don't be like this. Every time you beg for my love you just remind me of him.
I'm not able to fight you anymore. I just want to love you more and more."
I cried out holding his face.
V: "y/n ahh It's ok...don't cry".
Y/n: "No...It's not ok. Because he won't be ok without me. I have to find him. I want to make sure he's ok..."
I weeped holding his shirt.
Y/n: "But now I don't have the strength to leave you. I'm torn. I don't know what to do...I can't break your heart. But I have to see him at least once to make sure he's ok."
V: "Baby...It's all gonna be ok. Listen to me...You will see him tomorrow when we go back."
I paused from crying and looked at him in surprise.
Y/n: "What?"
V: "Your Tae...you will see him tomorrow. I promise."
Looking into my eyes, He locked his pinky finger around mine.
I crashed onto his chest and hugged him tightly.
Y/n: "Thank you..."